Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Dover

A very negative experience. Charged me over $5000 for laser procedures that did nothing, yet he reminded me several times that he was giving me a bargain. His attitude was condescending, and the person doing the Fraxel lasering was obviously inexperienced - she had to be told 4 times that she was not holding the wand correctly. He also tried to add $250 to the final bill, and removed it when I questioned it. A huge waste of my time and money. I would never go back - a very expensive lesson.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I am also surprised to read the negative reviews and wonder how it could possible be the same Dr. Dr. Dover has treated me for over 8 years. He's done my 7 Fraxel treatments, each time himself. He also did 2 pulse dye treatments. My skin looks beautiful. It didn't when I first came to him. He didn't oversell. He never rushed through an appointment. The last time I saw him he told me to cancel the scheduled laser appt, as I didn't need it. He's never run late. I would recommend him--and I have to many.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Ablative fractional laser. Had only one area I wanted to work on upper lip since it really bothered me. After scabs, soreness, no improvement.,

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Dover's for over 5 years. He has always treated me himself and answers all questions that I ask knowledgeably . I have never had a bad experience with him and I am surprised to read the other unfavorable comments. I have had laser treatments as well as fillers and thermage. I trust Dr. Dover completely and have never had a bad experience with him. He is very personable and caring and I can highly recommend him as an expert in his field. My face has never looked better and I can thank Dr. Dover for that.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

He just cares about the money, will suggest the treatment even if it won't help.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

His best work is done on local TV news anchors because they help tout him. But when the 'masses' come in, he passes them off to newbie practioners. For patients really insisting that Dover do the work, he can throw you a curve ball as in not doing good work. The best way to get good advice from Dover is to read his laser papers or books. It would be the only way you would know if he were using the proper settings to the laser. Otherwise, if he gets miffed that you will be wanting his time and not wanting the other practitioners he hires and wants to pass you off to, he can make you 'sorry' you went to him.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

This doctor burned my skin and scarred it. I have permanent side effects from the treatment he performed. I had to seek other dermatologists because this doctor abandoned me. This has ruined my day to day life. I had to research to find out what happened to me. Do not go to him he does not practice good ethics, does not know how to communicate with his patients, and is very greedy. He does not tell the Truth! Be very careful!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Stay away from this doctor! Especially if you have Rosacea. This man takes lasers for granted. If something goes wrong you're on your own. He will not help you. Lasers can burn, scar, and age your skin due to fat loss, damage to your collagen, and thermal damage. Lasers change the cell structure of your skin. Get informed on what lasers really are and what they can do. People should be told about these side effects they are permanent and devastating.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

A terrible doctor, very greedy, very rude, UNKNOWLEDGEABLE!!!! BE CAREFUL

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey S. Dover's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Chestnut Hill, MA