Ratings for Dr. Hsiao Mei Lieu

Love Dr Lieu! She delivered both out kids when we lived in the city at dr Luke's. She was my original OB GYN when I started going to West Care but u switched to her after she delivered my first born while on call. We've since moved to CT, love her!!!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr. Lieu is seriously lacking in bedside manner. She often leaves you in the hands of her assistants to relay important medical results, or to pass along a message, and she is not sensitive to a patient's needs. I had a terrible experience with her and will not return.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Appalling experience at walk-in. When she finally saw me, Dr. Lieu scolded me ("if you're not bleeding, it's not an emergency"), claimed I threatened her assistant to get an appointment (!), and simply refused to answer my questions about my (surprising) test results. I protested, bewildered. I was shown the door - though I had already paid for the visit, waited for hours, and thanked her for making time.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I saw Dr. Lieu for my very first OB GYN appointment, which also happened to be an urgent visit. I am very fortunate to have been recommended Dr. Lieu. I was nervous but she was so gentle that it was not a awkward experience. She was quick and thorough. She got me all the tests to put my mind at ease.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Dr. Lieu was my OB for my second pregnancy. I found her to largely be insensitive to my concerns. She also ordered tests without my consent and essentially amped up my anxiety -- needlessly so -- on numerous occasions. She falls into the category of physicians who just don't get it. Her bedside manner is greatly lacking. I venture to say she shouldn't be working with patients. Her place is a research lab not working with women and babies as an OB.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

Dr Lieu also saved my life. She's the one who discovered the nodule in my thyroid during a routine exam and it turned out to be thyroid cancer. She's awesome, very professional, a great obgyn. I recommended her to most of my friends and they are all extremely happy with her. Now that I moved to CT I'm so sad to leave her. I will miss her.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Dr. Lieu saved my life and for that I will forever be indebted! She noticed a lump on my neck and urged me to get further testings. Within two weeks it was discovered that I had tumor on my carotid artery that would have otherwise claimed my life. Dr. Lieu has consistently exercised professionalism, she listens and provides accurate diagnostic testings and results. I will unequivocally recommend her! I owe her my life!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. lieu was incredibly rushed. I asked her a few questions and, instead of facing me to tell me I might have fertility problems, she got up and began a breast exam as she rushed to answer. She also said it's possible I had a specific medical problem. I reminded her that i was already tested and that she was the one who'd diagnosed me in an earlier visit. All of this happened within 4 minutes. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

Dr. Lieu is fine, for the five minutes or less you get to spend with her. Her office is like a medical factory--you're in, you're out. If I ran into her on the street, I doubt she'd even know I was a patient of her, much less my name. The staff is cold (borderline rude, at times). She only calls with test results if they're bad. God forbid you have one quick follow-up question on a test finding, because you don't get to speak to her directly. You give your question to her rude assistant, who chews gum while on the phone with you. She relays it to Dr. Lieu (allegedly), and then she calls you back. You don't ever get to ask the doctor directly, even for a two-minute inquiry. I am not going back to her office.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

I, too, had a terrible experience with Dr. Lieu. I found her to be a very cold person. She is extremely rushed and dismissive with questions and exhibits little capacity for human sensitivity. Also, like the other patient review, she had her office call with bad news and then was unavailable to talk. Very bad experience.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Dr. Hsiao Mei Lieu's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1995)