Ratings for Dr. Lauren M. Maza

Dr. Mazza was satisfactory. I thought The office was really bad. They schedule you for Dr. Maza then when you are there they tell you actually she is not there. Some other doctor attends to you. This has been happening alot. Hence I stopped going to this office. I thought Dr. Mazza was mediocre +.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Sometimes you are feeling so bad and are so frustrated that you think no one will help or listen. I felt that way until I met Dr Maza. For years other doctors pushed my feelings and symptoms to the side...Dr Maza listened for months and months, when one thing did not work she found something else. She was determined to help me and because she was not willing to give up, neither was I. She sent me to whomever else she had to that would help her to help me. I've had so many different, difficult medical issues and she has been with me through them all now. When I need her she is always there, she returns my calls and gives me what ever time she can. I am truly blessed to have found such a wonderful, caring, dedicated health care provider.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2008

Dr,Maza was very professional. Her bedside manner was excellent. My visit with her was quick and thorough. She followed up with my test results the next day. I will totally recommend her to my friends.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

My first visit in October 07' was a great experience. She saw my husband and I and overall I was pleased. However the medication she prescribed to me gave me horrible side affects so I discontinued it. I tried her at her office several times and I was never able to get in contact with her nor did she return my phone call. I was told if I wanted my script changed then I needed to come in. I went in and was seen right away, however I spent more time parking my car than I did in her office. She wrote my script and when I informed her of another medical matter I had she was very nonchalant. No bedside manner whatsoever. Instead she sent me off to get a surgeon w/o letting me know what the heck I was going there for. Needless to say I was very disappointed! So my search continues for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

I was with another doctor in the practice for years and then I met Dr Maza; I switched to her and have been her pt for almost ten years. She can be tough when you are not following your health care plan, most doctors I see are...she wants the best for her patients, she wants you well. She fought hospital admin to get me admitted in Feb 2007 instead of making me sit in the ER; she knew how sick I was and did what she had to in order to take care of me. Personalities differ with every person you meet, if she does not work for you try someone else or try her instead of the MD you are with. I did and I am happy and healthy now as a result. BTW, you will also find the most helpful competent staff there is. From the front desk, to billing to nurses, to the lab...the facility is top notch.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2007

I think Kathy Griffin is a great commedianne. That being said Dr. Maza is like Kathy Griffin in both appearance and bedside manner. She's rather sarcastic and condesending, which is great for a comedy club, but not exactly what I look for in a doctor. She was rather unhelpful. When I had a bad cold, I tried to make an appointment with her, but since she was not available, I saw one of the other docs in the practice. He informed me of my horirbly deviated septum during the visit. Having had the badly deviated septum my entire life, it had always seemed perfectly normal. Dr. Maza had never mentioned my septum even though she had given me a number of physicals over the years. When I asked her if she knew that I had a horribly deviated septum, her response was, "Well, I could have told you that". Sadly, you didn't, Dr. Maza, so now I have a new doctor and after the septal surgery, I breathe much easier. So if you want a doctor that is basically useless, definitely give Dr. Maza a call.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2007

I just love her, she listens and is always there for me. She has literally saved my life more than once by doing what was best for me when I could not make those decisions. I do however wish that there were more things she would do for me in the office, like a GYN yearly instead of making me find a new OBGYN; but that is really nothing in comparison to everything else she does for me. She is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2006

Dr. Lauren M. Maza's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1993)

Unicare