When my (young) husband Joe was terminally ill with cancer we were so fortunate to run across Dr. Stanton by pure chance at Mercy Hospital...he was a blessing in every way. He is charming, warm and funny, which made my husband feel so much more at ease, but more importantly he is a brilliant doctor with a superior intellect who listened to us, did research to make sure we were doing everything currently available and appropriate, and CARED for Joe-- for his comfort and treatment--in exactly the way that one would pray for when faced with the scary circumstances cancer brings. Dr. Stanton instilled tremendous confidence in my doctor-fearing Joey (which was no mean feat!), and in the course of his illness we felt that we had both a partner and a genuine friend in his battle. Some years have passed now, but I'll always be grateful to Bill Stanton for the caring, kindness, and good spirits he brought to our lives when we needed it most desperately. The definition of a truly great doctor...

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Stanton is an incredible human being. He is also the most thoughtful, science-oriented doctor you could wish for. I had been told by my OB/GYN that my cancer (which I diagnosed myself because she insisted it was hemorrhoids) was going to kill me in THREE MONTHS. I drove 120 miles to Dr. Stanton who had helped cure my mother's breast cancer 17 years ago. He did research in scientific journals, and arranged my biopsies and chemo. After the first round of chemo, which was based on a very new study of my ailment Dr. Stanton located, my symptoms are essentially gone. My biopsy surgeon couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the site after the chemo had kicked in. I truly do not know if another MD would have done the careful research Dr. Stanton did, but I feel endlessly grateful for his expertise. Add to that his warmth, kindness, patience, and honesty, and you have what the original poster said: the best oncologist in San Diego. I have little doubt he is one of the best in the world.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2008

Dr. Stanton is kind, caring, patient, and understanding. He has a great knowledge and is truly dedicated to helping his patients. If you are looking for an oncologist in San Diego, he is the best choice!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2006

Dr. William Stanton's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

Commercial Insurance Company
Molina

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=22194'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 5, 2014