Ratings for Dr. James R. Doran

Was seeing Doran for Suboxone treatment until he abruptly discharged me because my therapist Ive been seeing isn't on his list of counselors (45 min drives and $$$copays). I had maybe 2 months left of treatment and I would've been done. But he said my only option was to go inpatient. Careless and boldly insensitive

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

i agree with the negative comments below about the Dr. Arrogant,judgmental and unsympathetic.first time i met a doctor that's so rude!!!!looking for a different doctor!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr . Doran has a right to treat the way he feels is best . However, there is a fine line between conveying information to a patient and making them feel like they have no worth as a human being.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

I read some of the other reviews, and I'm not sure who some of these people saw, but in my experiences with him, Dr. James Doran has been very professional yet caring and personal. He has been fully engaged in listening to me - and I've had so many Dr's that DON'T look you in the eye when you are speaking, but Dr. Doran does just that. I've had several visits with him, and each time he's greeted me by asking about something from a previous visit (i.e., did your sinuses clear up?, are you still tired?), which is also rare. Some people may take his level of honesty to be arrogant, but I have challenged him a couple of times, and he's been open to discussion. He's the first physician I've actually wanted to take time to review (except for one horrible gastro doc that treated my late husband), and I am happy to give him kudos for providing a great Dr./Patient experience. And I tend to be hard to please. If you need a PCP, he's a stellar choice.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Dr Doran seemed very knowledgable, however, he seemed very arrogant, judgemental and totally unsympathetic to my condition (of which I have been trying very hard to overcome). Please don't misunderstand, I am not looking for sympathy; but common courtesy, encoragement and understanding would be an industry standard I should think, and I have always been treated with courtesy by other physicians. When he finished with me, he simply pivoted out of the room and sailed away without so much ad a goodbye or a drop dead! Never seen anything like it. I understand folks have bad days, amd maybe this was one of them . Should that be the case and when next I see him, I will most certainly revise this rating. The staff was fantastic!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

He took time to really listen and found the best approach to my condition without over medicating. I feel confident in his care.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

He thinks he knows everything when in fact he doesn't. He gave me a diagnosis before any of my tests came back.He had me horrified when I left the clinic. The diagnosis turned out to be wrong and I ended up spending 75 dollars on medicine that I did not even need. I will never use him again!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

He's very easy on the eyes, but very cocky and thinks he's a know it all when in fact he is far from it.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2006

Dr. James R. Doran's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Hospitals in Willimantic, CT