Ratings for Dr. John W. Chesney

I started seeing Dr. Chesney over 25 years ago and has been one of the most caring and compassionate person you will ever meet. Has never rushed or made me feel uncomfortable for any concerns or questions I may have had. I know people are never quite sure how to take his Mother but I think she is great. My oldest child is 27 years old and she still remembers him when he was a small child commenting on how well behaved and perfect he was during appointments. I could not ask for a better Doctor!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2018

Answered all of my questions. Visits are never rushed. I was on hospital bed rest for 3 weeks he came to see me every single day. Like others have said his mother who runs the office is a little stern but it gets better the more you get to know her.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Dr. Chesney is an amazing doctor and is very knowledgeable. He is very patient and gives me very thorough information. He has been my OBGYN for about 10 years and I don't have any complaints. He delivered my daughter last January and it was a very long delivery that ended in a C-section. He was patient with me and gave me all the information I needed about my delivery options. I would highly recommend Dr. Chesney!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Dr. Chesney was my first OBGYN. I was very nervous about the whole experience, but he has made my experiences very relaxed and comfortable. His mother seems harsh on the outside, but after going there for a while, she has softened up quite a bit :). With my first child, he stayed post-call to deliver him. He takes the time to get to know each patient. He is always available to answer questions and offer help. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a OBGYN.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I am a first time mom so I am new to all this. Dr. Chesney from the very beginning made me feel comfortable and made sure I was very informed on everything that would happen throughout my pregnancy. He always answers all my questions and I never feel rushed. His office is quiet. He doesn't have any nurses, but his mother who works the front desk can be a little stern at times. I have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to be seen. I would recommend him to ever woman I know.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I am a 24yr old that is having my second child. I have had some issues with prenancy before so I am a very nervous patient. Dr. Chesney always has time for my questions and never makes me feel like I am asking dumb questions or wasting his time. I never have to wait for an appointment and I never see another patient in the waitingroom or exam room. He is a very intelligent and caring person that has answers to EVERY question that I have. The only minor downside to his office is that his Mother, (Office Assistant) can be very abrupt sometimes and seem stern.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Have been with Dr. Chesney since 1990 and have had two children he delivered. Excellent doctor and very knowledgeable and caring about patients. Would highly recommend to young and old patients. Visits are NOT rushed and are usually scheduled for 1 hour. Normally never wait.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr. John W. Chesney's Credentials

• Univ Of Mo-Kansas City Sch Of Med, Kansas City Mo 64108 (Grad. 1984)

Wellpoint