Ratings for Dr. Samuel K. Turner

While waiting for appointment I overheard nurse being rude to many patients on phone, actually hanging up on several. I had dangerously abnormal lab. They took 5 days to notify me. I asked for an appointment to discuss this lab with doctor. His nurse (who is his wife) refused to schedule me, berating me and my wife on the phone when I insisted on an appointment rather than just being dismissed after a curt explanation by the nurse on the phone. I then asked to talk to the doctor, and was told he wouldn't talk to me, because he doesn't talk to patients on the telephone. In all this, no one ever asked he how I was doing, or tried to follow up the dangerously abnormal lab. This was, for me the patient, an absolutely no-win situation. I've transferred my care elsewhere, where they actually want to take care of me as a patient. Though it is tempting to blame the nurse for the problems I had, all of it actually goes back to the doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

We have been with this Dr. for about 15 years and have considered him to be a blessing in our life. I have been thru approx. 3 major surgeries and about 3 minor ones plus on going care and because he cares he would call the hospital even when not on call that weekend and then call my husband and see if I was really doing ok. He is very professional, attentive and very thorough without being just test happy. He seems to be highly respected among his colleagues, because of my condition I have had to see many doctors upon his recommendation and even those doctors conferred with his findings (unfortunate for me). I thank God that we have a Dr. as brilliant, kind and caring. I can only pray that other patients can find a Dr. as we have and that this post will help them in deciding on using this exceptional Dr.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

Dr. Samuel K. Turner's Credentials

• Univ Of N Tx Hlth Sci Ctr, Tx Coll Osteo Med, Ft Worth Tx 76107 (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal