Ratings for Dr. Larry D. Deffenbaugh

I hope someone looks this Doctor up on this site because he is the best. Dr. Deffenbaugh is an excellent Gastroenterologist. Highly professional, intellengent and best of all, really cares about his patients. He is conservative and cautious in his treatment and diagnosis, exploring all concerns before he reccommends treatment or referral. His staff is efficient and courteous. I highly reccommend him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

If you have acid reflux this doctor will tell you that diet will not help. This is not true because if you stop the sugar and the acidic fruits and fried foods and caffeine you can recover. Doctors are stuck on pharmacology,even get gifts for promoting their drugs. Gradually you can go back to the foods you enjoy in moderation after you have healed.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I was orderd by my PCP to do a colonoscopy and upper GI for internal bleeding. When I went to Dr. Deffenbaughs office the staff scheduled them seperately; which would have cost me $$$ hundreds of dollars more. When I asked his office personnel why, their rude response was "MONEY"; the doctor will loose to much money from your insurance if we do both procedures together on the same day. You have got to be kidding me???? What happened to a doctor wanting to help his patients and finding the diagnosis as soon as possible. I don't know about anyone else, I don't have tons of money to pay for this kind of stuff. I cancelled the procedures and found another doctor in the Joplin area that was more than happy to do the procedures at the same time. I have never met this doctor, but his staff is the first impression you get and my first impression was horrible!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

Dr. Deffenbaugh is the Best! He is professional, and has an impressive ablity to properly diagnose and treat intestinal problems, while at the same time providing an empathic connection with his patients that is so rare to find these days. He keeps on top of all the latest medical findings and treatments, too.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. Larry D. Deffenbaugh's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1974)