Ratings for Dr. Stephen C. Kauffman

Dr. Kauffman is great, saw him for 6 years or so. Staff stinks. Bad scheduling, bad attitudes, takes days to fill prescriptions, don't return pharmacies' multiple calls, etc. Basic stuff that you need to be able to do competently for your medical services to have any value to the patients. The last straw for me was when I called to find out what was happening with a prescription while I was standing at a pharmacy that had been calling for days, and got bad attitude from a girl who barely spoke English. I would recommend Dr. Kauffman as a doctor, if only he was at a different practice.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I saw Dr. Kauffman one time, and that was enough. I don't ever plan on seeing him again. He was rude and abrupt, and didn't bother to even answer my most basic questions -- when discussing bloodwork, he said not to eat the night before. Thinking I might have to make an afternoon appointment instead of a morning one, I asked how long I needed to go without eating so as not to skew the results. He snapped in reply, "Just don't eat dinner!" Luckily, a member of his staff later gave me more detail. He also degraded my profession and barely paid attention to what he was doing while going through my checkup. Overall it was a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

I have been a patient since the 1970's, was away from area for two years and sorely missed having a family doctor. Some of the familiar faces of staff have changed over the years due to retirement but the overall medical care of staff and other doctors remains a major draw to stay put and not move elsewhere in my retirement. I have no problems recommending this practice group. I've had insurance, no insurance, now medicare. Through all phases of finances I have been treated the same, as a patient worthy of good care. While enrolled in an HMO which the group did not participate in, I still saw Dr. Kauffman and was willing to pay out of pocket to confirm care being given by the HMO. I value their advice highly. Currently I am being treated for hypothyroid and pre-diabetes. I am in my 70s.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

I was a patient of Dr Kauffman for over 20 years (have since moved) and found him always caring, interested and helpful. His schedule is full and I often had to wait, but he would work me into his schedule if I needed to see him without an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007

I came to see Dr. Kauffman about a mammography referral, because my mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. After performing a perfunctory "breast exam" at my request, he haughtily declared "I don't feel anything", and told me I couldn't get a mammography because of my age, although I'm close to 30 years old, and I have a first-line blood relative with the disease. I have since seen another doctor, who told me I can get a mammography, and if nothing can be seen on this, another test can be performed.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2006

Dr. Stephen C. Kauffman's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1964)

Workers Comp