Ratings for Dr. Richard H. Blum

Insensitive and impatient . Outright cruel when performing episiotomy as he refused to provide any anesthetic despite intense pain while stitching. Horrible human being - unprofessional doctor I have had clients consult with me over his conduct and bad experience with him. Not surprising at all.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

no punctulality ... waited 1 hour.. after that he didn't give any minute and didn't listen to the queries.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

he made me feel very uncomfortable, I never went back to him again.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Absolutely wonderful Dr. Have treated with him for the past 18 years, followed him to his many locations. Downside, he only practices Tues am at Wesfield location. He always returns my calls if I had an issue. Feel very comfortable talking to him, sorry he appears to be semi retired, no longer does procedures.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Blum. I was 8 weeks pregnant and started cramping and spotting. I went in to see Dr. Blum and he said that I was having a miscarriage. He delivered the news with absolutely no sympathy and showed no compassion or caring. I was devastated and started crying and he still showed no emotion. I asked through my tears what I should do and he replied that there was nothing I could do, I just needed to wait it out. He then left the room with no words of comfort, no further instructions. After two days, I went to see a new OB-GYN, Dr. Christine Masterson, who was wonderful. She told me that his instructions to "wait it out" were incorrect, that a follow-up exam was needed to make sure the uterus was clean and the cervix completely closed. So not only is Dr Blum's bedside manner distasteful and abhorrent, he's also incompetent. I would stay away from him and see an OB-GYN who actually cares about his/her patients.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

he is wonderful- the staff in Westfield new office is terrible. they have no knowledge of Medicare or how to help the patient with forms. they said not covered by Medicare but you are if you have a problem - I did - but they would not take Medicare and wouldn't even file. I asked them to file anyway but they haven't file yet.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Wonderful doctor. Knowledgeable and great bedside manner. At times had to share not great news, but was very caring and empathetic. Made time to see me with my crazy schedule. Excellent OBGYN!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

Dr. Blum delivered two of my children and I thought he was great. I am a very nervous patient and if I ever called him after hours, he would always call me back and calm me down. Once I had a suspicious mammogram that needed to be looked into further. He referred me to a specialist and called me at 7pm on a Saturday to check in with me. So nice! He can be blunt, and he can have awkward social skills at times, but I have always found him caring, patient, and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

I was a patient of Dr Blum for years, he deliver my 7 year old son and I never had a bad experience him, when I was in the hospital to deliver my baby he was very helpful, he was not so busy that night so he spent a lot of time in my room joking with my husband. My insurance change and he doesn't take my new one so I have to change Dr. and I'm not happy with that. I liked Dr Blum. He staff was good to me and I never had a bad experience with them ether, I don't know if he has new people working for him since he moved his practice to another building. Thank you

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Horrible experience with the Staff and Dr. Blum, he has the worst bed side manner and absolutely wrongfully diagnosed me.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008

Dr. Richard H. Blum's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1970)