Dr. Ranga Chelva Krishna
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(29)

"Hello Sir!! My girlfriend had a car crash that suffered a cerebral traumatism that ..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. David N Smith

Dr Smith has been a blessing. Not only has he helped my health but also my peace of mind. Highly pleased with all visits and results. Goes up and beyond any previous Dr. I drive 2 hours to see him when needed. and will continue as long as I can.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr smith misdiagnosed my anxiety and depression symptoms as MS. I spent 3 yrs on meds that made me feel like I was losing my mind. I injected myself with meds for 3 yrs at his advice for a disease I never had. This man never apologized for taking 3 yrs of my life away from me. I hope karma gets him in the very worst way possible.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Smith is truly the most thorough, intelligent and knowledgeable doctor I have ever been to. He is passionate and is committed to finding the underlying cause of the symptoms and condition he is treating. We are fortunate to have him in our community. I have the highest regard for Dr. David N Smith as a person and a physician.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

There are hardly words that adequately describe Dr. Smith. If there are words that go beyond the accepted meanings for thorough, compassionate, attentive, intelligent, honorable and sincere, add those words to this list. I have dealt with neurological issues for many years and have seen many doctors. Dr. Smith truly is exceptional - going so far beyond what others doctors have to identify the problem and set goals to tackle the problem. His ability to treat the whole person leaves a patient hope filled and feeling powerfully secure in his care. This doctor, this man, you can trust with your life.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Smith is the most dedicated, knowledgeable, caring doctor. His goal is to find out what is causing your problem instead of just handing you a prescription. He spent 3 hours+ with us. He personally made phone calls to insurance companies, imaging (MRI) businesses, etc. Have you ever heard of a doctor who does this? He took time out of a Saturday to personally make a trip to an imaging center in order to get my family member a needed MRI that she normally would have had to wait a week or more for. That same Saturday (which most doctors never work) he spent another 3 hours plus with us to go over his diagnosis and provided a remedy to help my family member. Dr. Smith is dedicated to patient centered care and he truly cares about his patients. Any negative things you may see or hear about this doctor are completely false. Why should you weight my review more then others? Because I don't leave reviews but I simply had to let the world know what an amazing doctor he is.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

Dr. Smith is the most knowledgable Neurologist in Rochester. His knowledge in regard to migraines and MS are extremely vast. I have been able to live with my migraines which now occur maybe 1-4 a year as oppose to 1-4 a month. His diagnostic abilities for MS is outstanding. He was ably to diagnose MS in a family member very quickly as well as draw a correlation b/w a drug that could have been exacerbating the disease which other Neurologist missed or didn't know. His bedside manner and the time he takes with each patient is incredible. Because he spends the time each patient may need, it does cause him to get behind schedule. However, he is well worth any wait and I have never heard a patient complain. I have always been grateful that he can and will take the time that I or my health require. From the bottom of our hearts- Thank you Dr. Smith!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR. DAVID N. SMITH SINCE 2007. HE HAS TREATED ME FOR MANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS. HE HELPED ME ADJUST MY LIFE TO COMPENSITATE FOR THE STROKE I HAD IN 2007. I THINK HE IS ONE OF THE FINEST DOCTORS I HAVE EVER BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH IN MY LIFE. JOHN H. STEWART

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

Dr Smith is a knowledgeable, thorough, kind, compassionate doctor. He takes the time to gather a thorough patient history, orders appropriate diagnostic tests (and explains why), asks the patient pertinent questions, then LISTENS to the responses. His follow-up is very thorough to ensure that the issues are either resolved or managed comfortably. He took the time to show me the MRI films and explain what we were looking at in easy to understand terms. He listened and responded to each of my concerns, and suggested alternatives to find the root cause of the headaches. I have not experienced a long wait time to be seen during any of my visits to his office, but his wonderful staff lets patients know right up front that he sometimes sees emergency cases during office hours that could add to the wait time. His practice is orderly and well-run, with a happy staff team. He knows his specialty and is a doctor in whom I have complete trust and faith. There should be more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

Dr. Smith is the kindest, most intelligent neurologist in the area. You wait a long time to see him but that is because he takes his time and cares so very deeply about each and every patient. He is so smart and is not afraid to try whatever it takes to make the patient feel better. If you measured a doctor by how well they took care of their patients then Dr. Smith would be 10 out of 10.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr. Smith is one of the most competent, complete, cutting edge physicians of the 21st century. He is head and shoulders above any physicians I know in his field. He provides the best care , not averrage care that most physicians provide today. He sees the most difficult cases, many that have been misdiagnosed by others, some say he has saved their life or the life of a family member with his brilliance and complete workups. Patients drive 5-6 hours just to see him, because he is that great. He is one of kind, and has exceptional skills and knowledge that many colleagues are simply lagging behind. If anyone I love were to have a neuological complication,I would send them to Dr. Smith without hesitation.He is brillant, and definetly an outlier in terms of treating the whole patient. Insurance companies don't care for people like Dr. Smith, because he puts the patient first. He makes those who cannot walk sometimes run.He is the best in the business always willing to try new treatments.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr. David N Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 14642 (Grad. 1973)