Ratings for Dr. Dan S. Heffez

Dr Heffez is a very skilled surgeon. My legs were paralyzed suddenly and I was in a wheelchair. Dr Heffez removed a benign tumor from my spine. Within 4 weeks I was able to walk again. He came in daily at the hospital before and after surgery to check on me. Great bedside manner!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Most of all I'm disappointed. I was so excited to meet him because he is the "go to" guy for this specialty, however after seeing him I realize how much of a waste of time and money it was. I work in healthcare and I've never encountered such an arrogant MD with such poor bedside manner. He came in the room, didn't introduce himself or educate me on this condition at all. On the after visit summery it stated things differently than what we verbally talked about. Examples such as he said I didn't need to get annual MRI's but on the summary it stated I did need to get them every year. He also said he wasn't sure if I had a Chiari Malformation but on the summary it said I did have it. When I left I felt more confused about what I need to do next because he didn't come up with a plan of care. When I spoke to his PA about my concerns with this visit she got defensive and really didn't seem like she cared. I did not read reviews on Dr. Heffez before seeing him however someone had told me that his wife did not have a very good impression of him. Working in healthcare I work with a lot of patients and now I can share my experience with others so they are informed about Dr. Heffez.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I'm done. He just lost a patient. I will not be laughed and and over talked. Period. Zero professionalism and he REFUSES to listen to me.

Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr Heffez performed 2 surgeries on me over 15 years ago. He did a great job, was kind, explained everything I asked questions about. He has a dry sence of humor....you just have to get to know him. I have contacted him numerous times over the years with questions and he was always willing to answer them. If I ever need another surgery. ...I would want him to do it.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Very knowledgeable and saved me from cronic head pains n imbalances

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

My son suffered from chronic, debilitating head pain for 15 years. Last year Dr. Heffez surgically repaired his Chiari malformation and now he has his life back! The results were nothing short of miraculous. He is nearly pain free and has a high energy level.I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

He is exactly what one would want for serious surgery. My wife recently had a craniotomy. I was very worried but he had the seriousness of purpose and steady hand I wanted. Exactly the demeanor one wants for the occasion. I cannot more highly recommend Dr. Haffez. We had excellent results and I have no reservations. I really do not care if my surgeon is my best friend.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

He has literally given me my life back. I'm so blessed to have had him as my surgeon and would travel across country once again to see him if need be.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Arrogant and rude. Would not give me the opportunity to ask the questions I came to him to discuss. I would only recommend going to him if there were no other options available. I thoroughly regret seeing him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

The rudest doctor I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I have been having back pain, so my primary care doctor referred me to have an MRI which showed a herniated disc, and according to the radiologist at Summit, epidural lipomatosis, or excess fat in the spine, Since this is a pretty rare condition and I am only 27, they felt it was pertinent I saw a spine specialist-this is where Heffez comes into the picture. The PA, who was very nice and helpful, examined me and asked all the questions. Heffez sauntered in some time later and told me what I already knew about the MRI--even an untrained eye can spot a bulging disc. He proceeded to tell me that exercise was making it worse, so I asked him if I should stop. He replied "It's your pain, do what you want." Huhh?? I had to mention the lipomatosis, he quickly said "Nah, you don't have it." and shrugged off all other questions I asked. He was terrible and I won;t be going back for a follow up or anything else for that matter.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Dr. Dan S. Heffez's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1979)