Ratings for Dr. Dana D. Jones

So, It was my first time trying to schedule an appointment for this OBGYN. I quickly decided to not make an appointment after speaking with her absolutely rude assistant working at the front desk. She was very cocky and laughed at me when I refused to give her something over the phone and stated that I would give it to her when I arrived. Long story short, if you are looking for an OBGYN who has nice staff and front desk staff. Do not pick this one. Hang up and call elsewhere. I'm sure the Doctor herself is nice, as she was recommended by a friend, but the scheduling woman I was speaking to made me turn away at once. I was also on hold for nearly ten minutes. Even after saying that I had a possible ovarian cyst and my family has a history of them and having to have them surgically removed, this woman ignored what I said and said the first available appointment was in MARCH. Nope. Looks like I'm going to have to drive to Nashville, which is a hour from me to see my old OBGYN instead. Ladies, do yourselves a favor and look for someone else. If you want friendly staff, don't bother.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I transferred my family's medical records to Dana Jones after repeatedly trying to get an appointment with our family doctor. Dana is sensitive, knowledgeable and spends time with you. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Jones for at least 9 to 10 years. She did an ablation and a few years later a hysterectomy. There were no complications. She is most caring and always takes time with you. I recommend her highly to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

I had heard great things about Dr. Jones, so I decided to switch to her. It took me 3 appointments before actually getting to see her. She acted like my issues were not a big deal, seemed to not care about concerns I was having and would continue to prescribe me medication after medication, with no results. I am now 36 weeks pregnant and have lost my insurance. I was continually getting sick (vomiting for no reason) and my employer attempted to put me on medical leave, so I wouldn't lose my insurance & job. Dr. Jones refused, stating that her notations showed it was only nausea, never vomiting - Nevermind the fact that every appointment I had, I was having to mention the severe vomiting and the medication she was giving not working. I would never recommend her and now, I have no insurance during the month I'm due. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

I recently had an A&P repair performed by Dr. Jones. It was an excellent surgical experience. Dr. Jones is very professional, thorough, caring, kind, and friendly. She listened attentively to any and all questions I had before having surgery, then answered them to my satisfaction. The office is extremely organized and well run. Her staff members are all pleasant. Her surgical skills are excellent. She must have been very gentle during the procedure, because I had no post op pain and I healed without any complications. I highly recommend Dr. Dana Jones.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Dr. Jones was very thorough with my treatment but most important she was very kind and sensitive. She explained everything that she was doing and was extremly understanding with my questions. As an older patient, I appreciated her willingness to take the time to talk to me. She made an annual check-up as pleasant as possible.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I started seeing Dr Jones when my male Dr wasn't hearing me. She listens, she hears and she recommends. Very supportive and always, always apologetic if off schedule. I recommend her to all of my friends and at some point will take my daughters to her. I think she has a great disposition and an understanding of my needs as a patient. She treats me with respect and makes me feel comfortable while I talk about what ails me. I can't say enough great things about her and her handling of my care these last 10+ years. KimS

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Dr, Jones was fine when I actually got to see her. I had my daughter in dec of 07 and she was not on call to deliver, ok that happens, but I saw her for my 6 weeks check up and have not seen her since, in over 2 years! I would have to schedule at least 2 1/2 hrs out of my day for my appt. They were never on time and one dr didnt know what the other had told me, so I felt very uninformed during my pregnancy! I love the NP (who I saw every time, b/c I always got scheduled on an on call day for Dr. Jones and she always had to go deliver. ) But i was not paying a specialist fee to always see the NP. I would rather see 1 dr who knows me and whats going on to be able to keep me informed! I will not be going back to Dr. Jones' office. Good luck if you do! They have great drs, just way to many patients to take care of. You can't schedule 2 patients for one time, it leaves one waiting and waiting and waiting.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

very thorough. great diagnostician. pleasant and good staff

flag | Submitted January 1, 2008

Dr Jones is one of the best doctors out there. You will not find someone as kind as she is.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Dana D. Jones's Credentials

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1996)

• Blue Cross Of California