Ratings for Dr. Marc Abbate

I waited on the phone to make an appointment for 15 minutes, that should have been my first clue! The wait time is absolutely horrendous, does not matter if your appointment is 7:30 in the morning. Is definitely not worth the wait, I will never go back there. There are other doctors just as good and have respect for the patients time.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Been seeing Dr. Abbate for over 10 years. Its too bad he is getting negative review from some people, he is my favorite doctor. The wait time for all doctors is not the same as it used to be. If you going to see a good doctor, you will have to wait. If you go to a doctor with no wait time, well thats just suspicious. Also, he has a good sense of humor and tries to keep the mood light, that's rare in a doctor, embrace it! The last thing you want is a doctor who comes in and is miserable. Lastly, I have had surgeries with Dr. Abbate, the scars do go away, depending on the type of skin you have, and your age. My scars disappeared faster 10 years ago than they do now.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Scarred my face for life after removing a cyst in 2013 and the Dr.'s practice won't do a thing about helping (pay to) correct it. I went back after 6 months and complained and was told to massage it? It remained the same. I called and made another complaint, I said I want to see their plastic surgeon for how they can correct it, that was after going back to Dr. Abbate for my scar concerns from his excision procedure. The Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Moskovitz, told me it should go away over time and look less pronounced over time. Well, guess what, it's 2018 now and it looks worse than ever, this scar is even more noticeable! I am beside myself what it may cost me in money to have a scar revision. They should pay for one!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Everyone overreacts and says he's a bad doctor. Which isn't true! It's all about jealousy on the man. He's a nice guy and timid. So why tf are you people making bad rates on this guy? He's kind and never rude. Grow up! Wtf

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

After a 65 minute wait time (for a 9:15 am appointment) in a packed waiting room with no communication, my senior mother finally gets to see Dr. Abbate - with my accompaniment. Although the doctor may be assumed competent and "personable", after being questioned by me about the unacceptable wait times so early in the day, he boldly exclaimed about the waiting patients "They don't care [about the wait]" [hidden meaning: HE doesn't care!]. When he noticed my displeasure after I advised him "I care!" - because I have a job to get to, he asks his associate out loud in front of the patient and myself "Are they angry?". A few times he would refer to us in the room to his associate as 'they' - as if we were not present....Then when asked by the patient what exactly forms the cyst he was removing, he unprofessionally replies, "Stuff." After a pause, he then finally adds...."Keratin". On the initial visit made for a cancer screening, he failed to check the entire body. He never checked the scalp or lower extremities. This doctor (and the office staff) needs a refresher course in basic patient courtesy and professionalism, not to mention his narcissistic conversation to his associate reflecting gloriously on how a prior patient commented on his "youthful appearance". Get over yourself, "Doc", and pay more attention to sticking to your schedule, spare the B.S., - and stop overbooking more patients than you can handle in a timely manner. "Come back in 6 months" he says... I don't think so, pal. You only get one chance. Moving on...Also, you will find extreme difficulty parking your car in the tiny lot. So, if you like waiting for hours in a waiting room for a doctor who doesn't appear to genuinely care about the patient experience - THIS is your doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Office staff is rude and extremely insensitive to your appt time!! Plan to wait at least 45min to an hour and then have the office staff belittle you when you ask why other patients are getting in to see the Dr before you when you have been waiting so long! Extremely rude and unprofessional!!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Went to see Dr Abbate for a rash in my groin area. After several visits and trying different creams which were for cancer patients and other non rash like symptoms he had me wear these 30 patches on my back for a week to see if I was allergic to anything which may have been causing my rash.All patches showed negative results. THEN...he goes and performs a biopsy on my groi. After lab testing he still has no idea of what my rash is. I spent a lot of time with all this and still had no ansewer. After all this I went to The Center for Dermatology and the Dr looked at my rash and in 2 minutes diagnosed me with a jock itch rash, told me to use anti fungal powder( Zeazorb ) and my rash has been gone ever since. I was so angry with this Dr Abbate for what he put me through between patches and cutting and stitching me in my groin for no reason. I think they did all this to me to generate more money.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

Wait time is HORRIBLE!!! finally got to see Dr. Abate and an entourage. People kept coming and going in and out of the room while I was supposed to be having a discussion with the doctor.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

Went to see Dr Abbate regarding a mole check. He seemed nice enough however he also seemed rushed to say the least. The wait time was also extremely long. He took a biopsy of my mole and told me that they would be calling me in a few days with the results. When the nurse called she stated that there were abnormalities and that the specimen was sent to a different lab for further testing. I never heard back from the office again. My phone calls went unanswered. You don't tell a patient there is something wrong and then leave them hanging. It wasn't until I went to another dermatologist did I get the results. I would not recommend him or this practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Something has to be done about the procedure for getting appointments. It is a same that they have a "central" appointment extension- never getting the Riverdale office directly. But as for Dr. Abbate- he is the best! While agree that wait times can be LONG, I've eliminated the wait by getting one of his early am appointment times (6-7am)... those hours also work nicely for getting to work on time! Dr. Abbate is very knowledgeable but will ask other doctors if he's unsure! Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Dr. Marc Abbate's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1998)