Ratings for Dr. Monte J. Nussbaum

I've been going to Dr. Nussbaum for many years. I go every 6 months for blood work and prescription renewals. I agree with the comments about the clerical staff being very rude both in the office and on the phone, but you'll be happy to know they are all gone. The new staff is friendly, his new NP is also very nice. As for Dr. Nussbaum himself, he's always been a great guy and a great doctor. I hope he doesn't retire soon...I'd dread having to look for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Yes, there's generally a long wait, but Dr. Nussbaum is worth it.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Worst staff I have ever encountered in my life. I am on required medication to live and they continue to deny prescription renewals unless I see him repeatedly(only about money). If you request your medical records they will fight you tooth and nail to be uncooperative. Each time I go to the doctors office I am asked to fill out my insurance paperwork when nothing has changed. The staff has a very poor attitude. Dr. Nussbaum is nice but his staff make the whole experience poor.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Very good doctor but his office help is very rude and seems like they would rather be somewhere else.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Every single time I try calling this dr's office. No answering service is working correctly or better yet. The staff keeps the greeting on, "we are out to lunch" for more than their ridiculous two hour lunch break. What dr's office takes a two hour lunch and finds this acceptable??? Good luck in the waiting room. With the renovations, the space is tighter and the staff could care less about the patients. I desperately wish I could find a reliable and caring office in Lynbrook that takes my insurance. I tried filing a complaint with LIJ, good luck. They only tell you to speak to Roberta, who does nothing with office complaints.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

The reviews are very accurate about the staff. I am actually surprised that in todays society a doctor would allow this type of unprofessionalism. The staff is so loud and the office is pretty dirty and equipment is very old.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Nussbaum is a very caring and understanding doctor. He takes time to answer any of your medical questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

The people who answer the phone are HORRIBLE.. The wait time is never less than 2 hours because they over book all the time. The believe that their time is more important than yours. The office and exam rooms are filthy. On the positive side, the Doctor and Nurses are very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

An amazing doctor. Staff is terrible, except 1 person who has been there forever.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr and Nurse Practitioners are wonderful. Office is dirty, dirty , dirty and staff is loud and obnoxious. No privacy or discression as they yell from one side of the room to the other

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Dr. Monte J. Nussbaum's Credentials

• Cantonese

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1982)

Caresource