Ratings for Dr. Amy M. Novatt

I felt like a lot of people about Novatt at first. She seemed awesome to me but...And I really try to understand drs are under time restraints and are juggling so much but there was three times that the ball was seriously dropped. One time I read her view in an article that completely contradicted why I had been seeing her (???) this was shocking and I should have left but I thought I’d get more information from her (bc hey she’s studied this right?). Another was bizarre difficulty around UTI (not once btw) not getting back to me w results while I was in savage pain so had to go ONLINE to get a rx (which was ultimately cheaper and more useful). Several times tried to resolve this. The office had poor response time, tried learning how the office worked. Tried explaining why it was baffelling. The last straw was getting charged 200 dollars for visit I was told was a “wellness visit” and was given “annual” which wasn’t covered (while being told it was a “wellness” visit and both oddly involved no pap (no nothing was TESTED) so I signed the electronic tablet thinking one thing but being told another. Everything is so compartmentalized ...no one cares. And good luck reaching office. Calling carount was a joke that my boyfriends whole family tried one day to show how maddening it was. We laughed but it wasn’t so funny really. How good is someone if they can’t really keep track of anything and can barely focus on you. I tried so many times to make this work bc I thought she sounded good. Now I’m seeing someone who actually had a minute to explain things to me and didn’t use these double speak phrases like “wellness visit” and things that sound good but left me with a large bill and no idea what was so helpful to me and my health about it??? Except everyone got my check in the end and I have no idea how my health was benefitted.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

I have been a long-time patient with Dr. Novatt. But, when she left her own practice, she started having staffing issues. Now , today after dealing with her nurse that was obnoxious and nasty I have to really seriously consider going somewhere else. When the Dr. has to apologize over a nurse's behavior ....there is a problem. You don't treat patients like that no excuse. Sorry. I'm sad she left her practice and went to a big group. She is still an amazing Dr. but I'm seriously looking for another Dr. I don't want to go to an appointment and have to deal with unprofessional staff. Sorry but there is no excuse. The nurse needs to be fired!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr. Novatt is very good at explaining what is going on. She is also very good at calling patients on the phone when she has information to impart.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

Amy is my favorite dr! She is wonderful, helpful, and knows her stuff. She's only a GYN, not an OB so getting in to see her is easy since she doesn't do births which is great! She'll go out of her way to help you, and as others have said will call at home after hours to make sure you're ok. Only problem is because she is so loved you have to book your annuals almost 9 months in advance! But for emergencies she'll make time to see you ASAP!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I have had several health issues that Dr Novatt has been treating. She is excellent, always tryes to do the least invasive thing before considering other options. She calls you on weekends to see if your condition has improved. I could not ask for a better person, nor better specialist.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2009

She is the most wonderful doctor I have every encountered. I have been sick for over 3 years and this Dr. has gone to bat for me 200% - She is willing to do anything to help, she is compassionate, returns phone calls and will go out of her way to help you. Doesnt need to be the hero - if she can't do it she will help you with someone that can - I have a great admiration for her. She is honorable and truly cares about the health of women. Highly recommended and I feel very educated. Recommended highly by her peers.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

Dr. Novatt is wonderful. She is kind, looks you in the eye, she's honest, and she is thorough. I would recommend her highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2007

I don't have kids, so I can't rate her as an OB, but as a gyne - she's fabulous. Very personable, kind, thoughtful, and professional. She took the time to listen to what I had to say or ask, and she responded with direct, intelligent answers. I didn't feel rushed at all, and she made what is not a very fun thing (PAP smear, internal exam) go by quickly.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2006

Dr. Amy M. Novatt's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1990)

UnitedHealthcare