Ratings for Dr. Beverly R. Goode-Kanawati

I'd give "0" stars for this doctor if I could. The staff turnover is high, and their follow up is atrocious. I recently called to follow up on tests in which the staff were suppose to follow up with me LAST MONTH both on price and which tests Dr Goode ordered which were discussed at our LAST appointment. When I emailed the staff, and had to follow up with 3 phone calls Dr Goode stated that "I had too many questions and needed to make an appointment," according to 2 staff members. Again, these questions were suppose to have been discussed with HER staff and then someone was to call me to discuss which tests I needed to take. The staff member was in tears and understood why I was so upset as a patient. Dr Goode felt that instead of answering my question (as she said she would which I even have in writing from my last appointment), she would instead discharge me as a patient since I was getting upset that my questions were not answered. This shows how much this woman and practice cares about her patients. I stay away, FAR AWAY!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

If you have struggled with any chronic health problems, see Dr. Goode. She is a life changer.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I am so thankful for Dr. Goode! She has helped figure out my many health issues, and has been an encouragement through 18 years of treatment. I appreciate the time she takes to find answers, and care for me. through the years I have met many staff members, and each one has made me feel like I matter. My health is so improved!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

My health changed for the better the day I first met Dr. Goode nearly 14 years ago. Other Dr.'s and specialists have come and gone but Dr. Goode is always my "go to" Dr. Unlike others who are quick to prescribe a band-aid remedy, Dr. Goode seeks to restore the person to full health by getting to the actual "root" of the problem. And, this process takes time, an incredible amount of hard work, a willingness to be patient and learn, and a desire to get well--we must count the cost and be willing to pay the price. In all these years, Dr. Goode has NEVER ONCE suggested I purchase the vitamins labeled by Bevko. These supplements are similar in price to products available at Whole Foods and online. I simply choose those necessary to meet my priority need at the time. This is the same process I use with the variety of blood tests offered. I go forward with the most useful test for me at the specific time. I may or may not get to all the testing Dr. Goode suggests…and that's what they are, suggestions based on current health needs. My strategy is to address my current health priority/need. Once that is moving along, I then look at the next issue, and work my way on down the list. I love that Dr. Goode is a left-brain thinker. She logically addresses each health concern, and with a knowledge based on decades of research, offers probable causes along with solutions to deal with the layers of issues confronting we mull-faceted humans. By the time we see Dr. Goode, most of us have exhausted the typical Dr.'s found in the medical community and are desperate to get well. Like the Dr.'s of old, Dr. Goode takes individual time with each patient and yes, she can run behind. That's why I go prepared with a good book and allot extra time for the visit because I know that while she is spending time with the patient ahead of me, my turn is next and I will then be the grateful recipient of her vast medical knowledge. Dr. Goode has treated me for a variety of issues including: Celiac disease (which she identified--not my GI!), Crohn's Disease, Colitis, RA, Leaky Gut, Severe Iron Deficiency and Anemia, Parasite issues and the list goes on. I wonder how many Dr.'s have phoned you on a Friday evening after putting in a full week and are willing to talk with you for 45 minutes over a health issue? How about NEVER! Well, that's the kind of Dr. she is--and she simply wants her patients to get well and she offers a variety of resources to get them there. Frankly, I would be non-functioning without Dr. Goode and her expertise so for me, no one compares! Love Dr. Goode and her caring staff. I award them an A+++++ .

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I've been here a couple of times, the staff seems clueless and a bit rude, the Dr is great even through i feel like i am getting alot more blood work doen than need to be...the wait time is horriable, don't bother getting there 5 min early might as well get there 30 min late! because they are always behind!!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Ten years ago, my good health started to fail quickly during a time of extreem stress. I met Dr. Goode, as a last hope, because my family doctor just wanted to give me antbiotics and more prescription medicine. I needed to know what was wrong! Dr. Goode's system of listening(her way) and ordering tests to figure out the underlying causes behind my symptoms was what I was looking for. I was overwhelmed by the first visit and only went back because I continued to feel so bad. I had good insurance so the many tests were mostly covered. These tests indicated food allergies, extreem chemical sensitivities, many nutritional deficiencies, an unhealthy digestive tract and an autoimmune disease that resulted from stress and years of damage to my digestive system caused by gluten and the excessive sugar in my diet. I did not like taking the sugar out of my diet, and it took me some time to comply with that advice. I did not like drinking lots of purified water and I did not like taking all the supplements, but I was so desperate to feel better that I complied. Over time, Dr. Goode has become a friend as well as my doctor. I have an office visit once a year now to keep the healthy and happy life she was able to help me recover!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I began seeing Corynn Haberski, the P.A. at Beverly Medical Center, after seeing several doctors (primary care physician, ob/gyn for possible hormone issues, 2 ENTs, emergency room and urgent care, and neurologist) over the course of three years for daily moderate to severe headache, severe IBS, other chronic pain issues, anxiety, and insomnia. I had already discovered several environmental allergies and some food allergies, including gluten. Ms. Haberski recommended lots of tests, as I had expected and had budgeted for; these tests indicated other food allergies and many nutritional deficiencies (probably mostly the result of years of damage to my digestive system caused by gluten). She prescribed a thyroid medication and B12 injections (which don't seem to have helped after several months) and recommended lifestyle changes that made sense and lots of supplements; when I asked her to help me figure out what was most essential first so that I could manage the budget long-term, she did--this was helpful. I knew that I would have to file my own insurance and that insurance would not cover some of what I spent, and this was OK with me--I thought that I knew the costs, and I budgeted accordingly. She ordered lots of tests, though, from Health Diagnostic Laboratory--currently being sued and under federal investigation for fraud and for paying doctors' offices exorbitant kickbacks for using their lab services. I did not find out about this lab until I got the insurance paperwork, which listed about $8,000!!! (that's EIGHT THOUSAND!! not a typo) in lab costs, almost all of which were rejected by my insurance company. I am freaking out--I thought that I had asked enough questions at the office and knew what the costs would be; I have gotten bills from other labs that I need to file, and from LabCorp and a radiology office that were filed by the labs, and the costs were what I had expected, as was the insurance coverage. I don't like that Dr. Goode-Kanawati's supplements are so expensive and that the office recommends so many; I believe that adding bone broth and raw fermented foods to my diet, along with other logical lifestyle changes, will mostly eliminate the need for all these supplements and be more helpful in the long run; and honestly the cost of the supplements is not sustainable for me. While Ms. Haberski discussed the importance of the alkaline diet, she did not discuss bone broth or fermented foods for intestinal healing and helping the body rebuild its supply of enzymes and amino acids; looking around online, all three of these things (alkalinity, bone broth, and fermented foods) seem equally plausible (or implausible, depending on your point of view) as healing elements in my diet, and it seems suspicious to me that the only one the office mentions is the one that doesn't do what any of the expensive supplements do. This suspicion, added to the knowledge that the office was paid an unethical amount for the blood specimens sent to HDL, the accuracy of whose tests I now have to question, makes it unlikely that I will return to the office. Too many questions, too much money. But I do believe that Dr. Goode's system of listening to patients and ordering the tests to figure out and address the underlying causes behind the symptoms, rather than just treating the symptoms or just giving up, as the other doctors have done with me, is a good one. I still have the headache every day, along with the anxiety; the IBS seems to have been simply gluten-related. It will probably take months or years for the healing in my system to result in improvement of these symptoms, so I think I will probably never know if the supplements helped me, or if it was simply a matter of time before being completely gluten free and adding bone broth and fermentation to my diet were the solution.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

10 years, ago, and 2 heart attacks, my general health was failing rapidly. Ready to quit my job and go home and wait to die, I met Dr. Goode. I had good insurance so the tests didn’t scare me, but I didn’t like to take anything by mouth that wasn’t essential for nourishment. But, I did what she told me to do – without complaining about the small stuff, and I began to get better. I realized that when Dr. Goode spent extra time with so many of her patients, it meant that she cared more about the patient than the money or punctuality. Since I didn’t go to her office to see the staff or the husband, or to just treat a symptom, I have been completely satisfied with her ability to analyze, diagnose and treat. I now feel like I am 40 years old again (my birthday is 03/20/1943). It takes time, discipline, trust, and yes a little money, but she knows what she is doing. I am a retired airline pilot now employed as an active FAA Inspector with a new lease on life thanks to Dr Goode.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Goode-Kanawati for almost 6 years now and she has turned my life around. I had postpartum depression - brought on by vitamin deficiency and mismanagement of my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (diagnosed 10 years ago). It was a difficult transition at first, taking many vitamins and trying to eat alkaline, but it has really paid off. I feel like I have my life back! I followed her advice through my second pregnancy and ended up having a VBAC - which I don't think would have been possible without her. My son was also extremely healthy. Her methods really helped make the pregnancy and giving birth a joyful time in my life. Now I'm healthier than I've been in a long time. I highly recommend giving her advice a try, especially by starting with the vitamins as much as possible. I didn't start eating alkaline until later, which made me feel amazing, but how I felt on the vitamins was what convinced me to try the rest of her suggestions.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

this is crazy i went her as a new patient, waiting in there lobby for almost 2 hours then to go in to a doctor that doesn't even let me talk and tells me i need this and that test and then i have to buy all this crazy vitamins they sell but doesn't explain to me why i need it and how long or nothing then i have to get over 50 different blood test it was just crazy and the staff HA! don't even let me get started they just sit there and read of the paper the dr gave them and they are just clueless - what a waste of my money!!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr. Beverly R. Goode-Kanawati's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1979)