Ratings for Dr. Suku George

Do not see this doctor! Had an colonoscopy done by Dr. Suku George on 01/13/17, a polyp was found but not removed - don't understand why it was not removed as I found out later that Dr. Suku George could have removed the polyp himself to send for biopsy. Instead scheduled me to have a second procedure to have removed for biopsy. It has been six days later and I just received a call from his doctor's office requesting that I come back to discuss my results but again no biopsy was done . . so how could they have any results. I have already rescheduled with a different doctor to have the polyp removed and tested - Please make sure that when you have your consultation to ask the question if anything is found will it be removed at the time of colonoscopy. Dr. George only does consultations on Wed and Thurs, Mon, Tues, and Fridays he does colonoscopy procedures. So he is left trying to cram in all patients on those two days. Not good. This doctor was referred by my primary care - but I should have done the research on him prior to accepting the referral - Remember with this type of procedure you want a doctor that will remove any polyps found and have biopsy done the sooner the better as it could be life threatening. Ask how many procedures a day is done by him - that way you will know how much time he will allow with you. I hope this was helpful to the next person that is deciding to use Dr. Suku George.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Not a good listener.....had to repeat symptons 3 times. I felt he was not addressing my concerns...He did however give me a diagmois that worked....Hw still ordered procedures even though symptons were gone...???

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

My Husband and I both had a colonoscopy with him and we think he really is the best. He is so cain, nice and very helpful answering our questions and explaining everything. God Bless him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

I have used insurance and had to use self-pay as well when out of work. Dr George has helped me get my medicine for free through the Shire Cares program and has helped me with samples. He has never been anything but nice and polite to me. Has fully explained my condition to me. Is smiling and friendly with me. I have been seeing him for about 5 years.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

HIS BEDSIDE MANNER IS NOT VERY GOOD.HE DOESN'T GIVE ENOUGH INFORMATION TO HIS PATIENTS,FUTHERMORE WHEN HE DOES PROCEEDOERS HE NEED STO GIVE MORE INFORMATION TO TE FAMILY OTHER THAN TELL THEM TO LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Dr. George removed a polyp and I was told that he sent it off for examination. Later, I got a phone call that indicated the tissue got 'lost'. After that, I was told that it was dropped during surgery and it wasn't sent off after all. I communicated by letter with Dr. George and indicated that I wanted to be reimbursed for out of pocket expense ($1000) and for my insurance company and others involved to also be reimbursed -- so that I could have the procedure done again. He refused and told me not to worry and just to have another colonoscopy done in 5 years. His reason for the discrepancy in the handling of the tissue was that the communication from his office was 'template driven'. Sounds like caring individual care, huh? This is outrageous and indicative of total insensitivity on his part. I have a history of cancer in my family and a history of colon polyps. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR -- SPREAD THE WORD!!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

Dr George spent alot of time explaining my diagnosis with me....My other GI didnt!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

REalized that there wasn't any insurance. Basically told me that I needed to get my affairs in order. I was to be help by one of his asst to guide me to the end of my life. Rude and unconcerned. RUDE. East Indian. They are all rude.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Excellent physician

flag | Submitted June 25, 2006

Did nothing for my friend in three visits. Told him that he could do nothing until he got money. Told that the test were VERY expensive but didn't give amounts. Was rude and unconcerned. Wouldn't give advise or answer questions. Other DR in same practice gave options and help to get problems solved and treatment started. Bad DR. Run if you get referred to this man. East Indian and hard to understand and over all RUDE. Other friend that saw him. Dr. George told him that he found a tumor in his colon and to caome back in three months and they would check again. He found another DR and had it removed in about a week.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2006