Ratings for Dr. Walter S. Michajlenko

Ib have had extremely bad teeth since a child.. My smile is perfect now thanks to the Doc. This man works wonders and have hand picked the perfect staff memebors for thier jobs. Even though the receptionist works to hard and is there late some times and misses time she would be with her best friend its only cuz she as all the working staff at the Dics office are veveryver very dedicated passionate possitive careing. People that care about what they do in every aspect if their jobs and it shows. Keeo up the fine work you guys and dont let a few people thaglt just dont like the dentist office ruin your positivity

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

It was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had at a dentist. Dr. Michejlenko and his staff were rude and didn't seem to care at any point, the doctor arrived somewhere around 45 minutes to an hour after I was placed in a room by myself to sit and stare at the walls. The doctor wanted over 2000 dollars to remove my wisdom teeth and him telling me cost me another 100. After paying the fees and leaving I started to receive statement after statement claiming that I had yet to pay my dental fees and if I did not pay them (again) I would be reported to the IRS. This doctor is rude, slow, and a con artist. Whatever you do, don't visit his office. You will certainly regret it.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Michajlenko removed my wisdom teeth and the procedure went smoothly under his care. He is an incredibly talented surgeon - I did not have excessive numbing or swelling after the procedure. I was provided with the right dosage of medication and was extremely comfortable. I recovered very quickly (about 1 day) with almost no discomfort or pain after surgery. I do not have high pain tolerance but found that I did not need pain medication post-op and simply took some advil. The office staff were excellent as well.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I was advised to have oral surgery performed by Dr. Michajlenko. He was excellent in completing a rather difficult procedure. The pre-surgical consultation informed me of what was to occur as well as the possible complications (which were unlikely) and how they would be addressed if they did occur. I was prepared with complete knowledge of the procedure and post-operative care. The surgery was performed without any complication. There was no pain or swelling the day of the surgery or the days following the procedure. I was given detailed instructions of what I was to do in order to avoid infection or damage to the surgical site. The staff was kind and informative - beginning at the front desk, continuing to the procedure room and even with an escort to the car for the ride home. My only regret is that I did not have a previous root canal procedure conducted at this practice. If it had been done by Dr. Michajlenko I likely would not have needed the present surgery.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

I was misdiagnosed by Dr. Michajlenko. He said I had a fractured jaw, had braces put on me, and wired my jaw closed. Just to find out a week later that I did not have a fracture and the procedure he performed was uneccesary! Now, I don't know whether to make Dr. M pay for my braces to be removed, or take him to small claims court! He read my x-rays wrong and now I am going through all of this for nothing! I DO NOT recommend this Dr. to anyone!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

i would not recomend this doctor. my daughter suffered for three weeks after having her wisdoms removed. this was not the bad part. he made it seem like we were doing something wrong, but we followed the instructions exactly. we had read about dry socket, and kept asking him if that's what she had. he said no like 5 times. then on another visit he said she did have one. he seemed like he was trying to get rid of us and didn't care because he was not getting paid for the after surgery visits. a heartless doctor

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

I had a great experience. I dont understand these reviews. Seems like one person has a beef. Personally I loved the staff and him. I have nothing but high praises for them.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

After chemotherapy and radiation, I experienced a week where I shattered 4 molars. I was terrified I was going to lose all my teeth and the very smile that had sustained me through so much. Having heard highly of Dr. Michajlenko, I called and found him and his staff very responsive in fitting me in right away. Words cannot express my gratitude to Dr. Michajlenko who was very thorough and immediately put me at ease that I would not be losing all my teeth, would not need dental implants, and would not lose my smile. Given that my dentist was on vacation, Dr. M. referred me to a dentist that could begin my crown work so I didn't have to wait. Today, I am smiling once again, but will never forget the time, confidence, and peace of mind that Dr. M. gave me in overcoming a worst fear. His professionalism, resourcefulness, honesty, and passion for his work are very evident. His support staff is great and very up to date on insurance. I would highly recommend Dr. Michajlenko, too!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2007

I went to Dr. Michajlenko for removing my wisdom teeth. Though they were knowledgeable, they seemed more concerned with avoiding a lawsuit than caring for their patients. First, before talking to the doctor or nurses, they sat me in a room by myself to watch a video about everything that could go wrong with oral surgery. Dr. M then came in, rushed quickly through his 'script' and didn't even stop when I tried to ask questions. Halfway through the appt, he left the room mid-sentence to yell at the receptionist in the other room. While I couldn't hear every word, I had a full view and could tell by the body language what was happening. The entire episode was nerve racking.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2007

Very good- goes out of his way to make sure you're satisfied. Takes good care of his patients. Friendly.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2006

Dr. Walter S. Michajlenko's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Barbara, CA