Ratings for Dr. Daniel F. Lyons

I have been seeing Doctor Lyons for 18 years. His staff has. Even the worst I have ever experienced. They are rude and unhelpful, they act like they absolutely hate their jobs Every time I visit their office it is a struggle. Fortunately for me, my primary care physician caught a contradiction in medications that Dr. Lyons prescribed. It's as if they don't even pay attention to what they're supposed to be doing. If you'd like to be treated like a number and a dry clinical situation and this is the place for you to go. If you're after somebody who will actually care about your medical needs and not just getting to work and leaving then look for somebody else.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I've been to Dr. Lyons twice. He is very thorough in his exams, but my main issue was weight gain and wanting to switch to Armour thyroid. He said we would talk about it but never did. He strictly goes by lab results and not your symptoms. He will prescribe Armour but does not recommend it and knows nothing about it. My TSH was 0.6 and even though it is still in the normal range it is barely normal and he didn't recommend that I change my dose. I think he quickly looks at labs only to see if there is an H for high or L for low and. Overall I'm not impressed and I will keep searching for a doctor I am happy with.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I like Dr Lyons very much, he is VERY thorough. He lacks a bit in bedside manner, but I can accept that if he knows his stuff. His staff on the other hand is pretty bad. They fail to pass messages promptly or correctly, they fail to call in prescriptions on time too. Staff member Debbie is rude and cold, I hate when I have to deal with her. She is detrimental to a good rating for this office. But I like Dr Lyons.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

Over the top knowledgeable Dr. Although I have only encountered three endocrinologists, I am certain he is one of the best.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

This is an excellent physician and very intelligent and very well trained. However, his office staff leaves very much to be desired. Promised medical reports, instead of being sent us in three days, usually take up to 10 days, and prescriptions take forever to be called in. Reloiability of the staff is ZERO.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2006

Dr. Daniel F. Lyons's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1977)

MSP/BC Med