Ratings for Dr. Sharon R. Hausman-Cohen

I would never recommend this practice to anyone... First, I waited 2.5 months for an appointment. The office staff tried to push me to see the nurse practitioner. Getting an appointment with the doctor is like getting to see God. While I was there, she was interrupted three times. She didn't listen, didn't care, and all she did was talk (talk, talk...) She asked to see me for a follow up appt. in a couple of weeks and the only time they could set up an appt. was 5 weeks away... If you can't follow up with patients, maybe you shouldn't accept new ones??? I also was lectured about vitamin D (and I take calcium supplements containing vitamin D...) Whatever... This was the first time, the last time, and one time too many to visit her... She's just not the right fit for me. I want a doctor that if I have a problem can see me and follow up with me. I don't want to see a nurse practitioner.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

I've been to this doctor's office a few times & they are never on time. The last time I was there she told me I was huge, because I've gained about 50 pounds over the past year & a half. I feel like there's a way you should say that & that's not the way. I have a mirror & I obviously know I've gained weight. She talks to you like you are a complete idiot. She doesn't listen. She talks around the issue. I will never go back to this doctor again. All they care about is telling you to get vitamin D & become a vegetarian. Worst experience I've ever had.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I went in for an annual well check, and to become established with a dr. First of all, I didn't even get to see the dr AT ALL. Laurelyn, whatever function she may have, treated me. She was very NON-communicative, lectured me about my vitamin D supplement. She didn't listen to me, I had to repeat myself several times in order to make myself heard. First impression: bad.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Wow! A caring physician and staff are hard to find these days. I was looking for a new primary care physician and was referred by a friend to visit Dr. Sharon. Best advise I've had in a long time!!!!!! Wonderful office! Mel

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

By far, Dr. Sharon is THE BEST primary care doctor--or any doctor--that I've ever seen. She is super smart and helped me feel a thousand times better than I had in years. (I had chronic pain issues.) She is caring and doesn't rush you. My husband and son go to her as well. The whole staff is great!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Wonderful doctor, always willing to hear all of your concerns. One of the few doctors I've ever known who was willing to admit they didn't know or wasn't sure and will always research and get back to you with an answer.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I would not recommend Dr. Shannon to anybody. Today was my first visit, I went in to do a woman wellness exam. My period is 10 days late and I am concerned about being pregnant. So what does Dr. Shannon do? She delivers a lecture on the benefits of birth control pills (which are horrible for your body, BTW) and does not address the more important issue at hand, which is WHETHER I AM PREGNANT OR NOT! I left the office without any answers – am I pregnant and if I am not, what could be the causes of my period being so late? So no, would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

I have been with Sharon and Laurelyn for over 10 years. The entire staff has been wonderful. I could not ask for a better team caring for my entire family. Sharon helped me even when I was having my baby... I had a ton of issues at St Davids and she went beyond the call of duty with my OB Gyn they team up to help me. I am sooo very grateful. She discovered and has been treating my FMS. I am sooo much better b/c of her and her team. THANK YOU!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Wonderful doctor. I am pretty picky too and all of the staff are great. The best part is the time they all take to listen. I would definitely recommend Dr Hausman-Cohen and all of her staff.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Very detailed on the explanations and follow-up is right on target. My wife has a very complex medical drug program and the Dr. has be right on target manageing the drugs and follow-up that has given her a very good life. I can highly recomend them.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Dr. Sharon R. Hausman-Cohen's Credentials

• Spanish

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1993)