Ratings for Dr. Ari Klapholz

I HAVE BEEN WITH THIS DOCTOR FOR MANY YEARS, AND RECENTLY, AFTER A VISIT, I TRIED TO REACH HIM BECAUSE I HAD A FEW ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS. IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE. HE WILL NOT USE EMAIL. MESSAGES GO IGNORED. WHEN HE DID RETURN A CALL AND GOT MY VOICE MAIL, HE SIMPLY GREETED ME AND LEFT NO USEFUL INFORMATION. I LEFT AT LEAST 6 MESSAGES. I WAS NEVER ABLE TO GET ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS FOLLOWING THE VISIT. IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR AFTER YOUR VISIT, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE WITH THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

My poor rating are for these reasons: I didn't sleep during my night-time sleep study because I sleep during the day. I asked Dr. Klapholz for a 2nd study. He said it wasn't necessary, and prescribed a full face mask, and an auto-pap machine with default (4 to 20) pressure limits. Used the machine for 2 days, couldn't breath. Dr. Klapholtz seemed unconcerned, saying "bring the unit in and we'll adjust it. I did, same bad result. I then consulted with a number of other sleep doctors and they said a sleep study was an absolute necessity before prescribing a machine and it's settings. I went to another sleep lab, actually slept as they studied me. As I slept, they adjusted my CPAP pressure up and down, finally settling on an exact setting of 10.4. They also recommended a nasal mask, allowing me to breath out of my mouth if something went wrong. At home, the therapy was very comfortable and successful. I've now studied CPAP extensively, and there's no excuse for Dr. Klapholtz's actions.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

knowledgeable and caring doctor with understanding of sleep apnea

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

A caring and concerned Physician who has gone out of his way to treat the whole patient!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

With impeccable credentials and a very academic approach to the subject, DR klapholz does not relate well to patients who experience disconfort with the cpap technology; leading one to believe often there is a bit of a "bias commission" syndrome.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2007

Caring and compassionate Doctor. He has a good bedside manner and is known and recommended by a number of my other Doctors.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007

Well Knowledged

flag | Submitted March 8, 2006

Dr. Ari Klapholz's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1984)