Ratings for Dr. John C. Turse

The worst. No compassion from staff or physician . Talks to you while still half sedaded and moves on. Calls don't get answered and after over 2 weeks trying to get results of several biopsy taken , I was told Dr was too busy. When I called to say I was very ill after the procedure and had a fever, No call back. How can this be acceptable ? He and his staff are just awful and I will hope you find another doctor !

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I made an appointment to see Dr. Turse for a scope of my throat. Things went smooth until I met him just before they knocked me out while I was in the procedure room. I wanted to talk to him about the procedure. His attitude was he couldn't be bothered to talk to me and was stern in his voice without patience. It was ...knock him out and lets move on. When I came to, he was over the bed talking to me for about a minute. My fiancée was there and if not for her I wouldn't have remembered a thing because I was so doped up. I then was told the finding through my fiancée that I had a tumor and they took biopsy and they would contact me with results in 3 days. They never called. I called at noon and the front desk said he was busy and didn't have time to look at the results yet but he would call me back "shortly". 2.5 hours go by and no phone call, so once again I call only this time I'm told he is busy and will call me when he gets a chance, and he still not having seen the results of my biopsy. I asked her when he was going to call me and she and I began to argue. she refused to give me any specific time after I asked her was it going to be today, tomorrow or next week. Obviously my patience had expired and I wanted a direct answer that I never got. Needless to say when you are waiting to find out if you have throat cancer the last thing you want t hear from a receptionist is "he hasn't had time". I find this type of patient disregard unacceptable and flat out bad policy. If the good Dr. is so busy as to not be able to manage his clients with the utmost care and respect they deserve then maybe he needs to not take on so many that he cant manage them properly. This procedure cost over $800.00 for 15 minutes of work with no timely follow up. The question begs to be asked how good of a doctor is he if this is how he manages his practice? Ill never go back to his rude office or him again.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

No wait time for me and staff was friendly and helpful. Very helpful visit with the doctor

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Staff are rude and inhumane. Felt like a number. Sad

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Submitted a Google review but it got deleted after a couple of days. Go figure. I waited 6 weeks to see the doctor, and showed up 15 minutes before my appointment. After an hour waiting - with no one in the waiting room ahead of me getting called -- I asked the desk if they had any idea how much longer it would be. They just shrugged. When I told them I couldn't wait any longer they just shrugged again. No apology, no offer to reschedule, nothing.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Dr. Turse and his staff are caring and professional. I had a Colonoscopy last year by the dr and it was quick and painless. The prep was no fun, but necessary. I've recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Very pleased with my experience. Spent reasonable amount of time with me and provided an effective treatment regima. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Don't expect answers to your questions, or call backs from the doctor or staff. Good luck if you get a reaction to the medication prescribed to you - you'll need another office visit "to discuss it." Worst medical experience in my 62 years. Just go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I would like to know if Dr. Turse uses the new FUSE Full Spectrum Endoscopy technology for colonospy. Go to www.endochoice.com to see these improved technology. I coming up for a 5 year check and want to know if my past Doctor Turse is now using this better technology that detects up to 76% more polyps then the previous forward looking scopes. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

An awesome physician. Highly competent and well respected at the Health First Facilitie

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. John C. Turse's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)