Ratings for Dr. Douglas M. Soderberg

Went to see Dr. Soderberg after a friend suggested him when I found out we were pregnant. Started leaking fluid at the start of my second trimester. Dr. Soderberg refused to test the fluid & dismissed my complaints of leaking fluid to being a "paranoid first time mom". Went into labor at 23 weeks, called Dr. Soderberg who was obviously annoyed that I called him on a Sunday stating I wasn't in labor & hung up on me. Four hours later my water broke, called him back to where he said "you're not in f'n labor, stop f'n calling me" & hung up on me again. He finally showed up at the hospital 11 hours later in which he sent me to another hospital where I had our son who weighed 13 ounces. I went back in hopes to talk to Dr. Soderberg, instead he had me see someone else who said he asked Dr. Soderberg if he knew I had my son, Dr. Soderberg denied knowing l. He's disgusting & should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr Soderberg has been my Doctor on and off for about 21 years, off only because he would leave the practice to pursue other avenues and once again he is leaving :( I will miss Dr Soderberg very much, he is a wonderful Dr and has always listened and seemed genuinely concerned for my health and well being. Dr Soderberg delivered both my children who are now 21 and 18 and I wish I could be his patient until I no longer needed to visit a Dr. I will miss him VERY much but wish him the best of luck in his new adventure. If you ever decide to come back to the city please let me know. Take care - Anne Sharp

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

I had a high risk pregnancy and Dr. Soderberg was wonderful. He always listend to all my (many) concerns and put my mind at ease.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

Dr. Soderberg was my doctor for the delivery of my 2 sons. He ALWAYS was very informative, kind, & very understanding. I was an "older" mom to be, & I always knew he cared about both myself & my babies in every step of my pregnancy. His after care of my health, & my sons health interest always made me feel & know he was one of the best OB doctors. During both deliveries of my babies I never once worried even though I was a high risk pregnancy being older than most new moms. His care & knowledge made myself & my husband feel very at ease. He is a "natural" at what he does in his work, & I would tell any new parents to be, that they should choose him for the most important time in their lives because he gives you his full attention, the best care, & is truely happy in what he does. Thanks Doug, Jamie & Travis are strong, healthy, & a success in their lives, & you helped Jim & I bring them to that point. Love & respect, Laurie.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Dr. Soderberg was fabulous. Even though he is a man, I felt that he understood everything that I was feeling (in my body). He delivered all of our children and was consistently kind, responsive, attentive, and of course, knowledgeable. I highly recommend Dr. Soderberg.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2006

was awesome and great care thru two high risk pregnancies, emergency surgeries always listen to me and very friendly and helpful!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2006

I did not get the impression that Dr. Soderberg listened to my concerns. Even after reporting back unpleasant side effects of the medication he advised, he appeared unwilling to believe that the issues could be related to the medication he recommended. After several visits and attempts to communicate my concerns with him I stopped the medication and sought a different physician.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2006

Dr. Douglas M. Soderberg's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1980)

Assurant