Ratings for Dr. Douglas R. Dehaan

Excellent with my son who has Asperger's. Really cares about him and it shows in his interaction.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Several years ago in the late 90's, I went to him, I thought he wad great until I finally got him to give me a referral to a gynecologist. I kept telling him I felt like I was dying. I had been having blood clot for months. When I walked into the gynecologist office the receptionist got me a wheelchair and wheeled me back immediately. The doctor saw me asked my name and said "stay awake ok" he ordered a hemoglobin stat. Told me he would take care of me my hemoglobin was a 3. I was taken for xray and given a d & c and 3 points of blood. The gynecologist told me I shouldn't be alive that he was shocked I drive myself to his clinic. When Dr DeHaan came to see me at the hospital I fired him immediately. I never filed a lawsuit because my grandmother went to him also. Needless to say my father began going to all of her appointments after my trouble. Not one time did he order a hemoglobin, he just kept telling me I was going thru my change of life.I had another child in 2002.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2014

We have been going to him for 15 about 13 yrs. He has given birth to all 3 of my children and has done a fabulous job. He has the best bedside manner of any MD (and I am a nurse so that is a good compliment) He takes time with his patients, listens to them and does a good job explaining things. He always follows up with you and did come to visit me while in the hospital for something not even related to the care he had given me. So very caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I agree with all the other comments, we to have gone to him for years and have had nothing but excellent treatment. Before going to Dr Dehaan I really didnt care do Dr visits and now I look forward to seeing him. Recently I was hospitalized for a reather severe infection and was admitted through the ER unfortunatly he was not on cal at the time and I was admitted by one of his other partners (who did a great job also). Several days went by and Dr Dehaan stopped in to check on me on a tuesday morn, it was a great visit. I told my wife who works in the medical field that he had stopped by on the tuesday morning, and she had told that was his day off! What a great guy, caring, compassionate and very deicated to his patients. I will recommend no other GP.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

He takes the time I need to talk with me. He explains things in a way I understand without talking down to me. He is interested in my family (and remembers!). He keeps up with recent research. He refers me to a specialist when necessary. He has a wonderful bedside manner and shows me respect.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008

He is the Best. He is a gentle, caring Doctor. My Family has been going to him for 15 years.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

pediatrian for my niece and sister, took extra care and showed great kindness to both when her husband died. will never forget his kindnes and care of them both.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2006

He is a great doctor--have used him for our family for almost 15 years. Will continue to do so unless we ever move from the area.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2006

Dr. Douglas R. Dehaan's Credentials

• University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• BCBS Massachusetts