Ratings for Dr. Stephen V. Laborde

Dr. Laborde is one of the best doctors I've ever encountered. His bedside manner is exceptional. He is friendly and knowledgeable and make his patients feel at ease.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

I actually have left Dr. Laborde's care. I had very mild but persistent adult acne that would scar if large cysts appeared. Accutane was suggested, and I made clear my fear of the systemic effects. After being put onto an antibiotic for over a month, I made it clear that I was having side effects (namely, GI issues and joint pain out of nowhere). I went from being very athletic to being debilitated within weeks, ended up having surgery on one of these joints with no "injury" having occurred. I was told that there was nothing else I could be put on, as I'd tried most of the most popular prescriptions. Bottom line - my concerns need to be his concerns and should not be brushed off. Glad I switched derms and dropped the systemic antibiotic. My orthopedic surgeon's staff told me to "get off that crap" noting the side effects. Am now with a new derm who uses a compounding pharmacy to make up custom prescriptions. After photodynamic therapy and custom prescriptions, my skin is perfect!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Dr. Laborde is excellent. He is very thorough and takes the time to explain things in a thoughtful manner.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

Dr. Van Laborde is one of Houston's Top Docs and is one of few peer-reviewed doctors. Not cheap, but when it comes to your face, you don't want amateurs. He's worth every penny.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2006

Dr. Stephen V. Laborde's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)