Ratings for Dr. Peter Ahlering

I started this journey with Dr Ahlering in 2016 and now my twins are at their 32 weeks. Isn’t it amazing? After one year treatment with a Des Moines fertility clinic leading us to nothing I google searched every fertility clinic in all the neighboring states. And Dr Ahlering has the highest reviews and the best bedside manners of them all. That is how I found Dr Ahlering in Missouri a neighboring state. It takes us 4 hour driving down and 4 hours back totally 30 trips. I had low ovarian reserve and had to do 3 retrials. It hadn’t been easy but it is so worth it with a heart warming dr who deeply cares and would listen to you and willing to think out of box to help you in all the way he can. It took us 1 IUI and 1 ivf transfer and then I am pregnant! I thought I would never get pregnant without a miracle. And I believe Dr Ahlering is our miracle and God sent Dr. I like the staff there too. Courtney and Jennifer and Rachel..they are there to help! I can’t say enough good things about them. Yes the “patient portal “ really helps the patient to communicate with the Dr and staff. He is the only Dr who would answer patients message directly in my experiences. By the way, I think they have the best Lab too. I got 3 blasts out of 8 crappie quality eggs. Wow. I am forever grateful for Dr Ahlering and his staff. They are such a blessing to my husband and me!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2019

My husband and I have been on our fertility journey for 4 years and were previously with a different fertility specialist in our area. After 3 failed IVF transfers and various tests, we heard about Dr. Ahlering from a friend and decided to look into him. Our experience so far has been absolutely wonderful and really feel Dr. Ahlering is a blessing to us. He is very thorough in his conversations with you (especially if you have had a failed transfer), never making you feel like he is in a hurry and needs to get to the next patient. The staff at MCRM are so kind, caring, and make you feel like you are a priority with their prompt responses to your questions. One major positive change for us was their use of technology and seeing patients that are out of town. I realize technology isn’t always the most important thing, but their patient portal is so helpful in communication with Dr. Ahlering and his nurses and makes it very easy throughout the day. It is awesome that we only have to travel up their one time during the cycle and everything else is done here in town. Everything from having your own fertility coach to Dr. Ahlering’s constant research and desire to learn more about how to help you achieve a successful pregnancy all set him far above other fertility doctors.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

After dealing with secondary infertility for 4 years, we found Dr. A and have been so happy with our decision ever since. We are still in the process of our IVF journey, but I have never felt more confident or at ease about this process. All thanks to Dr. Ahlering and his staff. We also drive 6 hours to his office and don’t mind if that tells you anything!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

From the moment we had our first consultation with Dr. Ahlering, we knew we were in the hands of an intelligent, empathetic and honest physician who wants more for his patients and the world of infertility. It would be safe to say that I believe he is a pioneer in the infertility world which still has a lot of room for improvement on success. The nurses were all great as well. Some issues with the billing department but nothing that couldn’t be worked out (and probably a common issue in fertility treatments).

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr. Ahlering is a breath of fresh air. From the minute we sat down with him he put myself and my wife at ease. Being two women, we did quite a bit of research on good fertility doctors and doctors who would treat us no different than a straight couple. Dr. Ahlering was honest, friendly, calming, funny, and just simply amazing! We are now pregnant on the first try with twins and couldn't be happier. His system works- trust it! He is not the cheapest and he recommends additional testing on the embryos, however that testing could have saved many couples money in the long run by ensuring only strong embryos are being transferred. Each time a transfer is conducted it costs money- so paying for the extra testing is so much cheaper than taking chances with possibly not so good embryos. The staff are great here at his office. We had an issue when we first started going there- we were getting phone calls asking for our 'husbands' information even after we had been there a couple times. However, Dr. Ahlering made it right and the staff were very apologetic. Dr. Ahlering is just too wonderful of a doctor to NOT go to. If you are trying to figure out which clinic to go to and which doctor- look no further- go see Dr. Ahlering!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

From the first consultation, my husband and I have felt comfortable with Dr. Ahlering and his staff. Dr. Ahlering has patience and understanding in the rollercoaster of emotions that infertility may bring. He took extra time to explain each option of treatment, provides extra support when you begin to worry, and even scheduled a surprise Sunday appointment to ensure the best possible outcome for treatment. Without the support of insurance, my husband and I pay out of pocket for services, drive four hours each way for the 2 appointments each month and wouldn't THINK of going anywhere else! Dr. Ahlering, Ceara, and Christina are so supportive and encouraging! Nancy is always helpful when we need anything! Thank you all for being a special part of our journey!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I'm so glad that we went straight to Dr. Ahlering as we entered the world of infertility. He and his staff made us feel comfortable and informed through the entire process. Top notch!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I cannot say enough about Dr Ahlering and his staff! After looking into several other fertility specialists in St. Louis, no doctor compared to Dr Ahlering and his level of expertise. He introduced me to trying genetic testing, as that dramatically improves IVF success, and we were pregnant on the first try! My pregnancy was wonderful, and we now have an 8 month old perfect baby girl! I have had 2 other friends go to Dr Ahlering and they also got pregnant on the first try! If you are looking for answers, look no further. Dr Ahlering and staff will take fantastic care of you!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr Ahlering is top notch. The facility also and the staff. He always is professional, knowledgable, takes his time to discuss things and help you understand. He has years of experience and explains things thoroughly. The cost for IVF with the technology given...really really good.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

THE Best fertility doctor and office around! I cannot explain to you how progressive this office is. They are experts at what they do, and do it with compassion, dignity and respect for all the joys and dips that come along with the journey. They are with you every step of the way! My favorite thing is Dr. A will meet with you personally and give you his time to discuss your options, treatment and goals. When was the last time you got a one on one discussion without feeling rushed about your health? His staff is very professional and friendly. They literally treat you like you are the only patient there and are willing to help any way they can. My other important note to share is the technology and expertise here... these people know what they are doing. They are experts. They can be trusted. They are honest. They are everything you want and need when your life is on hold waiting for that special miracle or answers to get you feeling confident in your next steps whatever they may be.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017