Ratings for Dr. Gerald R. McNamara

Dr. McNamara is a great Orthopedic surgeon. Very competent and also very kind. He truly cares about his patients. My husband and I have both had knee surgery and are very satisfied. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Both my husband and I have been seeing Dr. McNamara, and he is awesome! He has a great personality and is very patient centered. He is clear in his explanations, orders the right tests, etc., is right on with his diagnosis, and provides pain management and problem resolution, including surgery if needed. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Love how the office is decorated for holidays too (just an added fun benefit! :) I have recommended many friends to KCB&J.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. MacNamara is the BEST. I recommend him to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. McNamara has always provided excellent care and I have recommended your services many times over the years. Thanks again for all the fine service.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

He operated on my right knee in April 2004. As I needed urgent attention, he rescheduled me in quickly.Very good job.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

He is a very straight forward, no nonsense doctor. He doesn't decide on surgery unless it's warrented. His bedside manner is great. Unlike some other orthos that I have gone to, he is gentle and caring. His staff is exceptional. Messages get to him fast. His nurse usually calls back within the same day. I haven't had any problems with my knees since he repaired them.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

Dr. Gerald R. McNamara's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. McNamara became a part of Kansas City Bone & Joint Clinic in June 1996 and has been in practice since 1983. He earned his undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of Arizona in Tucson and completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery. In 14 years, he has been the team physician for local professional indoor soccer teams, the Comets and the Attack. Giving back to the community is important to Dr. McNamara. He has participated for many years with Tarhawks Charity Surgery in medical missions to Nicaragua. In March 2010, he was awarded the Menorah Medical Center First Humanitarian Award. In December 2012 and 2013, he participated in Operation Walk USA, providing knee replacements with other nursing and hospital volunteers. In addition, Dr. McNamara enjoys listening to music and playing guitar with a garage band, spending time with family and KU basketball. Dr. McNamara says, “I enjoy the challenges and rewards of my job as an orthopaedic surgeon. It has given me the opportunity to improve patients’ quality of life both surgically and nonsurgically. It is rewarding to be instrumental in that.”

• English

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Delta Dental