Ratings for Dr. Emory J. Alexander

He could not fix my nerve in back and left a zig zag scar on my lower back. He also sent to St. Francis to see Dr. Adams with no results.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Evidently what he tells you in person from what he puts down on your record is completely two different things

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Poor experience, not helpful at all. Went due to multiple arthritis problems and pain in many other joints. Paid cash out of my pocket because i am 'ICP' patient and there is no orthopedic care at clinic. Doc did a few mobility tests, briefly left room to look at xrays/mri of spine, knees, hips, neck. In response to my query about avascular necrosis of hip (which a psychiatrist AND a different field medical dr BOTH suggested as a diagnosis from observing xrays) asked if i'd taken steroids for a long time.gave me some samples NSAID & recommended a wrist brace. Whoopee. No help. Did not recommend blood tests of any kind, which, as it turns out,done just 4 months later revealed a condition of lupus. The only minor + was referral to hip specialist that i would not have been able to see any other way, being that (at the time) i did not have insurance. It is shameful that someone without insurance is not given equal care and advice. after all, 'Doctor' means educator. not so here. :{

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Was nice and cheerful, but seemed like he had better things to do then help me with my broke arm. Glad evrrything was over because if you go see dr. Alexander you can ask the people in the lobby to be prepared to wait, even if its just for him to tell you ok come see me in two weeks

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr. Alexander is a great doctor. I can always get an appointment in a hurry. He also makes sure to check into any problems that I have. I have degenerative joint disease and he is always very helpful in finding a solution to my problems with it and/or symptoms.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Good guy, good doc! He has always been frank with me about my condition. Things have worked out as we discussed.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

i haven't even seen this doctor yet cause i gotta jump through all kinds of hoops getting my chart and hand delivering it cause they won't take it being faxed to them, never mind that my shoulder gives me pain all day long everyday, and had to make 2 trips to the hospitals medical records department to obtain even more records of my first surgery of my left roator cuff repair.dr. alexanders office did not specify which part of the record i should get,i get to the office and hand ove my records, only to be turned around with instructions on which forms to get. At this time aftere the back and forth the dr's office closed. to my dismay, now i have to sit here in pain all weekend long..is there anybody that can help me???????????????

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Dr. Alexander was informed of my 2 years of back pain, and despite MRI showing spinal problems with L5 S1 joint as well as degenerative facet disease, all Dr. Alexander did was tell me how I could alter my lifestyle. He did not seem to care about my chronic pain or offer any other alternatives.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

unnessary surgery , reseach your illness first before and after you visit him. so you want be sorry or harmed. had unnessary surgery

flag | Submitted February 22, 2009

This doctor is well worth it. He cares about you as a patient, and will not belittle any problem you have. He's an excellent doctor, highly recommended, and well worth the wait.a

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

Dr. Emory J. Alexander's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

MSP/BC Med