Ratings for Dr. Ronald D. Fitch

Wonderful OBGYN. He delivered my son, and when I called to alert the practice (9:30pm on a Saturday) he immediately called back to check on me. I was dilating by 5 months,a nd he took everything VERY seriously. He met me at the Hospital and I delivered 3 hours later, 2 weeks early. I had been on bed rest for several months prior and he was great. Knowlegable and helpful and so nice.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Made comments about my weight and said if I was ever told I needed a hysterectomy I should go to KU or some other specialists used to dealing with "people my size". After several visits and exams including a surgical procedure (& givng my history including the fact that it had been several years since my last PAP)I found out he had not done a PAP. When I asked about this he told me I'd already had one -- neat trick since he was the first ob/gyn I'd seen in a number of years -- did you read the history I filled out? I don't think so. A previous doctor had told me that it would likely be necessary to have my ovaries removed because of cysts. When I asked Dr. Fitch about this he blew it off then when asked again he told me I was surgery seeking and needed to go somewhere else. A consult with someone else gave me the info that it is no longer recommended to remove the ovaries in this situation (why didn't Dr. Fitch just say that instrad of insulting me?).

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Terrible practice. The Nurse Practioner ordered unnecessary tests and completely missed the important issues. I will never go back to this practice.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

Dr Fitch is very knowledgable however has HORRIBLE bedside manner. I had some slight blood pressure issues during my pregnancy and around 34-36 weeks he very bluntly stated my babu could die. I understand the seriousness of the condition (which we believed to be caused by anxiety as my blood pressure readings were only high at the ob/gyns office and I never had any complications) but one should never state something so bluntly to a woman in that state. I was so glad he was not on call when my healthy, full term baby girl was delivered.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

Very knowledgeable, takes his job seriously, informed me of what to expect during my c-section delivery and even came in on his day off, to check up on me after my surgery. Dr. Fitch is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

Dr. Ronald D. Fitch's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1975)