Ratings for Dr. Jeffery C. Fernyhough

The previous reviews on other boards are dead on -- the staff are the rudest/pompous bunch i've ever come across. If you are retired and have no life, this is a great place to wait an entire 1/2 day to be seen. I finally walked out after waiting 2 hours in the lobby & getting called in for an in-house "X-ray" (after i just had an MRI completed days ago) before the Dr. sees me .... what a complete waste of time ! Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else -- the staff is an extension of the doctors that work in this practice & I can tell you they're all rude and miserable. You'll find more courteous staff at the local DMV office.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I am into my 2nd year with dr F and have had only positive experiences with Dr F himself and all his staff, at all levels, including physical therapy. My initial visit included an verbal analysis of my MRI pictures and a conclusion that my back problems were so complex that I was not a candidate for minimally invasive surgery. What's plan B, doctor, i asked because at my age, (80), major surgery is not an option for me. Epidurals and physical therapy he replied. I am on my 2nd set of epidurals and will re-visit their physical therapy dep't for follow up again. So far I am very satisfied with the Dr himself and every aspect of his office. He runs a good ship. Delays don't really bother me. I'm retired and in no rush to get back on the tennis court on appointment days. I always leave plenty of time for office emergencies at any doctor's office so as to avoid unneeded pressure. That's my mantra. It works....just like the epidurals.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

In 2009, I had a Trans 1 Procedure of L5/S1 done by Dr Fernyhough, after suffering 10+ Years with constant often severe Pain & Siatica down my Left Leg. Immediately after the surgery, I found relief from my extreme pain, & my life became useful & meaningful again. Dr Fernyhough was wonderful! After reading the other patient comments, I needed to respond. As a now retired RN, I have worked as an office nurse, & I understand the wait is often long, & patience wears thin, but is well worth it when the end results are Positive! I did my waiting in this office, & many other offices, patiently, but not with arrogance, as many do. I found the Staff most helpful, & all my questions about my procedure were answered to my satisfaction. A Pleasant attitude toward others usually gets the same response. I highly recommend Dr Fernyhough for his knowledge & expertise.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Arrogant dr and staff. Waited ninety minutes to see the great doctor but never met him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I used Dr.F back in 1997 when he did a C4-5 fusion and it worked wonders for me. I almost had a full mobility and enjoyed the next several years of nearly pain free activities. In 2005 I was diagnosed with a L4-5 herniation. Of course I went back To Dr. F. What a mistake. He got to big for his britches. I agree with one of the others posts here, when that person said. "After waiting usually an hour past the appontment time he comes in the exam room and spends anywhere from two to 5 minutes with you". Doesn't look at you and doesn't listen to you very well. He states what he wants to say and leaves the room. Something like this. "We'll have to do surgery, see the girl up front she'll schedule it for you". I almost had to grab him by the arm to keep him in the room to get answers.After surgery I still had the same pains I had prior. Wait, wait, wait, thats all he told me week after week. 1 year later and an MRI and he says the cage is pressing on the nerves, we have to remove the cage.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

He was a life saver .I now live in north fl, and have a problem I will consider seeing him again. if he take united Health care.The smartest Doctor in his field i have met

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

my experience was very similar to the last patient who wrote review here. I was waiting to be called to exam room almost an hour after appt. time. He didn't introduce himself, wasn't maintaining eye contact, and interrupted me almost every time I asked the question. He briefly looked at my MRI's, looked at my "options" and left the room. I left the office and didn't schedule any follow-up. He has a great staff though

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Bad experience w/ this doc. I was called into exam room almost 1 hr. after appt. time. Waited an additional 15 for Doc to enter. He didn't introduce himself, didn't look me in the eye, and interrupted me almost every time I opened my mouth. He briefly looked at my MRI's, ran down my "options" and left the room. Total time: 4:00 minutes. I left the office and didn't choose to schedule any follow-up. He has a great staff, but I wouldn't feel comfortable being on the table in front of this guy.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

The Dr is a very good surgeon however his bed-side manner leaves a lot to be desired. I found him to be arrogant on several visits. He didn't like the questions I asked. After I had my surgey he left and went on vacation, never seen him at the hospital. I was seen by another person (Pysician Assistant)that I had never met before so I didn't like that. The guy was nice enough but I just think the Dr that does the surgery should stay with you at least till you start waking up. I had a really bad experience at the Boca Community Hospital where the surgery was done, the night shift nurses where horrible. I was so out of it that after the 1st night my boyfriend wouldn't leave me alone again. Try to have him do the surgery at a different hospital if possible. Maybe he has changed hositals by now. The people in the office are very nice. You will wait and sometimes it was a long time. My neck surgery only made things worse, I don't recommend surgery unless it's the last option you have.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

i had a bad experiance with my fusion.between dr.f & the other dr. i am lucky to be alive. after losing 1500c.c. of blood [and not getting a transfusion]the cages were installed wrong. that with layers of scar tissue its aimazing i am able to walk! thanks alot

flag | Submitted August 21, 2006

Dr. Jeffery C. Fernyhough's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1982)

Pacificare