Ratings for Dr. Todd Canon

I've been with Dr. Canon for several months now, went through a very uncomfortable Trisomy 18 pregnancy with him and he made me feel very comfortable. He is a ridiculously good listener. I'm talking so fast when I'm talking to him and he stares at me as his fingers glide over the keyboard, clicking away. It's actually a bit funny, but definitely reassuring. He makes sure he understands the situation 100%, doesn't AT ALL make me feel rushed and gives me a sincere farewell & "until next time take care" smile. I hope my appointment goes good with him tomorrow morning. I feel like I may cry when I'm pouring my feelings out, but I know I'll be "taken care of."

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

The only downside is the staff at the South Austin Medical Clinic. The receptionists aren't the most helpful and they are borderline rude. The nurses have all been incredibly nice but can be a little bit flippant. Overall, Dr. Canon is worth having to deal with the mediocre staff.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Canon is my type of doctor. He is compassionate but also very progressive in that he doesn't immediately use drugs to treat everything. It took me a long time to find a doctor that I trust and Dr. Canon is that person.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Dr. Canon was awesome, and I was so sad to see him go. He has a great way of making the patients feel like friends.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Dr. Canon is hands down one of the best doctors I have ever had. He was my physician before, during, and after the birth of my children, which he delivered. He was also their doctor, and always went above and beyond what was necessary to ensure the best care for them. He pays attention, is respectful when you have questions, and my children adore him. I was absolutely crushed when we moved out of state and I had to leave the security of having a doctor I trusted with not only my health, but that of my little girls. I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Dr. Canon is an exceptional doctor,very warm & caring. We love how he sincerely listens to any questions & concerns we may have, very thorough, & never makes us feel rushed during our visits. He even lent us his personal copy of "Happiest Baby on the Block" book when we were having troubles with our newborns colic. As another patient also posted, he isn't afraid to say "I don't know" instead of making things up (like I too have seen other doctors do), but he will definitely find the answer for you. We too miss Dr. Canon but are avidly trying to find a way to make it work for our family to follow him to his new clinic even though it's a little further away - I strongly feel it's worth the extra travel for such great care. I have never had a doctor as wonderful as Dr. Canon & just don't know if I can find anyone else who can live up to my high expectations like he does :) I would disregard any negative comments and try him out for yourself. I'm sure you will find him to be just as great!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008

Todd Canon is amazing, and we are so sad that moving out of state means we will no longer be able to see him. He is very thorough and takes all the time needed to answer questions and make his patients feel at ease. He has seen me same day for a number of emergency situations including my complicated pregnancy and my infant's severe allergic reaction episode, saving me from an ER visit. He is non judgmental and to the point, while at the same time humorous and caring. He isn't afraid to say "I don't know" before seeking answers from specialists, instead of making things up like I've seen other doctors do to save face. He gives information and allows for patient decision making instead of making one feel like they don't have a choice in the matter. As I go one to find a new family physician/OB-GYN/pediatrician, I hope I am lucky enough to find someone as wonderful as Dr. Canon. We will miss him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2007

Very nice bedside manner. He keeps up to date on information.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2006

Dr. Todd Canon's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1998)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal