Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Schweinshaupt

I'm very surprised by some of these reviews. I have been going to Dr. Schweinshapt for nearly 20 years and I think he is one of the best doctors I've ever seen. He keeps up on what is going on in the medical world and has always taken the time to listen to me and treat me with respect, kindness and humor. Also, I think MaryBeth is a really good office manager...her English is perfect and she does the best blood draws I've had. She is alway pleasent when I am there. As far as refills, they tell you that they don't do refills without an appointment. Unlike other physicians who are loose with their script pads, Dr. Schweinshaupt wants to make sure you really need the medication he is giving you. Is it a hassle sometimes-sure but I'd rather he err on the side of caution; especially when we're talking about antibiotics or controlled substances that can become addictive. I just wouldn't go to any other doctor, I really think Dr. Schweinshaupt is the best.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

I waited 30 min to be taken back to the exam room where I then waited 90 minutes. The Dr came in for 3 minutes left saying he would be back with orders for bloodwork and sent his nurse instead. I demanded he come back and then waited another 30min. When he came back he said he would help with my issues after the bloodwork came back, but the nurses refused to have him review the bloodwork because "it came back OK" so there was "no reason" for me to come back in. The whole point was that my bloodwork always shows OK, but I am still having issues and that was what I wanted to talk to him about, but his office staff refused. I was going to transfer my whole family to his office, but not now. Even if he was the best Dr on earth, his choice of office staff would still make me never come back.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

The Dr is ok, but the office manager Marybeth is horrific. She cant even speak english. She is very rude and has a very strong accent. I have sat in the waiting room for hours even with an appt. Although it's near my home I would rather take a drive to another physician's office then sit around for half a day. I always felt rushed and the Dr never takes time to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

This DR took an appointment and said he could help treat ADD/ADHD. He was 50 minutes late (I was the first appointment of the day) and once arrived spoke to me for 2 minutes. At no time did he ask me anything about ADD/ADHD or my symptoms. He simply stated that He would order a blood test and refer me out to someone else. This was an extreme waste of time, as I asked in the beginning if he could treat ADD/ADHD. Thanks for nothing Dr Schweinshaupt!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

Other than Mary Beth his staff is unhelpful. My requests for prescription refills were ignored after calling several times and after Walgreens contacting the practice. No apology was offered.........

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Dr. Schweinshaupt also specializes in opiate, alcohol, and smoking detox. I went to him for help with an addiction to pain pills. He is truly amazing. I've never met anyone more caring, gentle and unconditionally supportive. He really takes his time with you and listens.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2006

I have been seeing Dr. Schweinshaupt for many years now. He is a great doctor with a wonderful personality to match. He is very knowledgeable but when he is not 100% sure about something, he will refer out to a specialist. Each time he has sent me to a specialist, however, they have given me the same diagnosis as Dr. Schweinshaupt. I have sent many of my friends to him and they are all happy as well.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2006

Dr. Steven R. Schweinshaupt's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1988)