Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Schweinshaupt

Where to start? Told to complete paperwork online, print and bring in, then given forms to fill out at visit, saying information needed was different. Funny because I rewrote everything I previously filled out on the other form. Had to wait 90 minutes for new patient visit lasting less than 10 minutes. Patient in waiting room harassing other patients soliciting for windshield repairs. Scale didn't work, needed battery. Dr. stared at paperwork 95% of the time. Within 1 minute, he read one of my conditions and asked if I was trying to go out on disability? Paid $10 out of pocket for blood drawn which left massive bruise. Never asked anything about me or medical history at new patient visit. After, tech came back and my to do was: eat healthy, exercise and lose weight. No talk about any of this during visit. Got call today from office staff about blood work taken to try and figure out why 1/2 my hair has fallen out in 6 months. Results are all normal, except cholesterol and triglycerides. Did you fast? NO since I was not told to fast prior to being seen at 3 PM nor was asked when blood was taken. OK blah blah something about me coming back in a few months, but blood work turned up nothing as far as why my hair is falling out. 3 people on staff look no older than 25 years old, and easy to get in if patients don't come back.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr Schweinshaupt and Team are absolutely wonderful! They make it easy to schedule an appointment a day or two in advance or walk in. I have been there for both PCM and weight loss, I can not say enough good things about both.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

#1 rating from me; definitely utilize the professionalism that is found from the staff and Dr. ; happiest doctors office that I've seen in a long time and patients seemed very happy as well. I know I am very happy I found this office.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Staff is more helpful than past years, but the wait time remains a big issue. I waited 30 minutes in the waiting room, and an hour and a half in the exam room, only to see the Dr. for 90 seconds!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Chronic pain for years and Several operation in the last couple of years neck and back most of the results have been less then desirable. If not for Dr. Schweinshaupt I would not be able to do normal daily functions, unlike some doctors I have dealt with in the passed Dr. Steve has stuck by me and managed and gave me the care I needed, My quality of life has been much better under the care of Dr. Schweinshaupt. (Great Doctor)

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I took opiates for over a decade, getting to the point that I was taking one of the highest strengths available over 10 times a day. (At one point in addition to Methadone) I experienced running out before my next appointment, and the inevitable withdraw associated with that. The last few years of my Pain Management experience were spent trying to wean myself off of the stuff. I came to the realization that while the opiates helped the pain they also made me more sensitive to pain in general. I found Dr. Schweinshaupt via Google and within the span of a week was completely off all of the prescribed drugs without any of the aforementioned withdraws. I haven't personally been to his family practice so I can't speak to that directly but I can say that I truly believe that he cared about my situation and helped me. I've now been off opiates for almost 3 years, while I still have back pain it is no where near what I was experiencing while on opiates!!! I highly recommend Dr. Schweinshaupt for detox, and based off my experience I'm sure he's an excellent Family practitioner as well! Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Walked in without appointment on Tuesday. Seen almost immediately. 2 days of tests which he and his staff made happen immediately. Thursday had diagnoses of cancer. Have referral for specialist. ALL IN TWO DAYS.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I have never had a doctor that shows as much care and compassion than Dr. Schweinshaupt does. I started seeing him for help with opiate withdrawal. He literally saved my life. I know I couldn't have done it without his help because I tried many times. He encouraged me, believed in me and never judged me. The waiting time can sometimes be long but that's because he actually listens to his patients. He doesn't rush through the appointment...he wants you to ask questions and he wants to hear your concerns. I think he's worth the wait!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Sometimes the wait is too long after you're put in an exam room. I understand that in order for the doctor to give everyone good care, it might take a little longer for him to get to me. As long as he spends enough time with me, too, to listen and explain, I can deal with it and that is the case. He's an excellent doctor; very knowledgable and has a good beside manner. I would and have recommended him to others.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I never got to see or make an appointment. Was placed on hold for a extended period time. I gave up. Will look for another doctor. I just imagine if I have to wait this long on the phone imagine in the office.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr. Steven R. Schweinshaupt's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1988)