Ratings for Dr. Shahin Etebar

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

If your surgery is unsuccessful he will be of no help post op.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Had neck fusion 2007, still have problems swallowing and choking. Lost 100 lbs in 8 months. Went in for shoulder pain and shoulder pain continues. Also treated great before surgury but after he was impressed with weight loss not concerned. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

seems like a great guy untill he is done working on you, then the whole attitude changes as with his staff also. does not want to listen or care about your pain and as others have said, can do no wrong. he does not care , it is all money

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.Post-surgical care is non-existent.His arrogance is frightening. If the surgical outcome is unsatisfactory you are unable to receive care from his associates, who are the best in their field locally and have privileges at Eisenhower Medical Center.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Let me start by saying that I went to this Doctor for a 3rd opinion about back surgery. He is not part of my PPO’s network so I pay 30% instead of 10-20%. After running thru some tests he claimed that my symptoms didn’t match his findings. He treated me like I was a liar. I have had 2 doctors say I need surgery one states disc replacement, the other a fusion. This Doctor over charges and under diagnoses. He put me on Celebrex which I have taken in the past but my insurance needed a pre authorization. Almost two weeks later and 2 visits to urgent car for an injection of Toradal, I am told he won’t take the time to call your insurance. He also doesn’t fill out medical forms or anything else so unless you want to throw some hard cash at him for a surgery he will NOT help or support any other methods to help your condition. I wouldn’t recommend him at all!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Everything was going fine until I had problems after my operation. His staff never returned phone calls or got any of the messages I asked delivered to the doctor correct. He offered me no help after my operation and has refused to see me because I complained about his assistent. He has two different personalities. One is quite arrogrant. He can do no wrong!! I now have no plac to turn for relief from my pain, because the other good doctors are in his same office.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Performed spinal fusion at L 3-5 and results have been marvelous... I'm indebter to Dr. Etabar for getting me back on my feet...

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

Dr Etebar is the finest Dr in this field... He is in terrific demand... I have met several patients of his and they all say he's terrific... I had a total rebuild(fusion) of my lower back by him and am now pain free.... Unconditionally recommend....

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Dr. Etebar is a marvelous Neurosurgeon. I spoke to 10 people who had surgery by him and all were extremely please. He performed a laminectomy and other repairs on me and I have had 100% reduction in my back pain. All the nurses, physical therapists and other medical personnel I had contact with also said he is the best.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2006

Dr. Shahin Etebar's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Kaiser-Permanente
Secure Horizons

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Very good, confident,will not rush to surgery unless it is only option.did a disectomy on me its looking good post op 5months."

January 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "If your surgery is unsuccessful he will be of no help post op."

October 30, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=21779'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.9

March 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=21779'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.0

February 19, 2014