Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Petrucelli

Waited over an hour and a half to see the doctor for a grand total of about 3 minutes. 2 bulging discs, a herniated disc, and sciatica and he told me "it can't be that bad". That was the most words he put together for me. Asked him what my treatment options were and he said "Tylenol". No physical therapy. No advice. No help whatsoever. I asked him what could have caused it and he said "dunno". Useless excuse for a doctor, with terrible staff that laugh at their patients and give you the wrong forms to fill out.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I now remember why I stopped going to Dr. P several years ago! HIS STAFF ARE NASTY, BITTER WOMEN! Dr. P is great. I like him and although his bedside manner isn't for all, I have no problem with it! His staff should be lucky they have jobs. They aren't qualified to pick up dog p**p! No matter what day it is, or what time of the day, they are always rude. I mean not a little rude. RUDE! You know what staff, shove it! You are stuck in a job you hate, and Im not! Go to he**!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Wil charge u for cancelation in less than 24 hours but I'm now 1 hour passed my scheduled appt with other patients still in front of me. This is not the first time but will be the last

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I had to have both my hands operated on for trigger finger over an 8 year period. Dr. P. and his staff were great. Both surgeries were successful and I have 100% use back in both hands. He is A#1 in my book. I am even sending my adult son to him for the same condition. If I thought there was a problem I certainly would not be sending a family member.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

The wait can be long but I've also had appts. Where I'm in in 15 min. He can be short, but I didn't find him rude or arrogant, just direct. The appts. Can feel rushed, the office is almost always a madhouse. That said, any time I've had an afterthought or question, he takes the time to answer it even in a rush. He has snickered at some of my excessive questions, but still answered them. I appreciate direct and to the point. He's nit the doctor to see if you need to be coddled. The hospital staff had good things to say about his surgeries (of which there are many) nurses that I know had good thing to say about his surgeries. He's a little rough around the edges, but no nonsense and gets it done. No doctor believed I had an injury because I didn't seem like I was in enough pain. After 9 months of living with a torn rotator cuff, I had an MRI and Dr. Petrucelli had me in surgery in just over a week. He fixed my rotator cuff and I'm still pre physical therapy, but even in the limited movements I can do, I have more range of motion than previous surgery. Less pain than I've had in a very long time. I'm looking g forward to full use of my arm again thanow to him. As for his staff, I've seen them be a little short, however they are always slammed. I've found that if I take a minute to be patient they are very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Issue after issue after issue. Preoperative, intraoperative and post operative care poor. Failed to properly perform the surgery by improperly examining, diagnosing and treating the patient. Currently consulting other specialists at top notch NYC area hospitals for corrective surgery that are up to speed on the latest techniques. Follow-up after surgery caused a delay in treatment for infection. Still have swelling, tenderness and numbness in injured area. Possibilities now include possible pinched nerve and circulatory issues which were not present before surgery. Have diminished range of motion even with intense physical therapy. Continue to have pain and have lost enjoyment of the things I used to do before injury and surgery. Personally I would suggest if you need a specialist then go to the Hospital of Special Surgery in NYC because this doctor nor hospital he practices at take responsibility for their actions. Currently on disability. Now more loss of time and money.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

The doctor and his staff are rude and uncaring. Had to wait for over an hour and a half to be seen. I was embarrassed to witness the doctor yelling at, mocking and repeatedly and cutting off a patient asking questions about their treatment. The staff refused to allow a patient to use the office phone to get a report for the doctor. They actually said, 'don't you have a cell phone'! The doctor actually stood over a patient in the waiting room screaming how the report doesn't say what the patient claimed. A small child sat there looking terrified by the scene. This doctor is disturbed and should be avoided.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

horrible situation at the office, the wait, the staff was rude. the doctor seemed distracted and uncaring. sent me for an xray and never came back to see me until I complained. then came in and rushed through as if the xray was unimportant. seemed annoyed by having to spend any time with me. will never go back.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

dr was running very late, which staff said is generally the case. when finally taken into exam room, waited 30 minutes as i heard him in his office yelling at possibly a staff member. when in exam room was distracted and generally not focused. would not go back, would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

I don't know what Dr. Petrucelli all these people are talking about, but the one I have had treatment for various orthopedic problems over the years is definitely not who they are referring to. He has seen me through about 7 surgeries (a few of which were major) and various broken bones and other injuries. I have never found him to be arrogant or anything else but helpful, kind, knowledgeable and extremely caring. I really consider myself lucky to have been referred to him many years ago. His staff has always been WONDERFUL and gone the extra step to take good care of me, my mother, my son, my husband and other people I have referred to him. The only concession I'll make to all the 'bad print' is that he's not always on time and you do usually have to wait, but personally I think he is well worth waiting for and I'm very glad to be his patient. For those who complained about subsequent surgeries,pain,etc.One operation on your knee is hardly ever enough-no matter who does it.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Dr. Robert C. Petrucelli's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Kaiser-Permanente