Ratings for Dr. Pamela Huerter

She is very clinical and has no bedside manor, nor does she listen to anything I say. I have had a pain in my hip for over a year and the first two times I mentioned it, she just said it was due to my weight. After a year, I brougt it up again and I could tell she was annoyed but said she would take an xray and if there was any issues, she would call me. I did not hear from her, and when I showed up for my next appointment 6 months later I decided to ask about the xray, she said, oh, I'm sorry, no one called you? Your hip is almost bone on bone and that is causing the pain. We can look at physical theropy or possible other treatments, but at some point, you may need a hip replacement. So for the last year and a half, I have been in pain because she only talks about what she wants to talk about.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

This doctor is so incompetent she should have her license revoked. I may lose my life as a result of her inattention.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Great Doctor! Treatment was great, i'm more confidence now then ever, thanks

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Great Doctor! Treatment was great, i'm more confidence now then ever, thanks

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Dr. Huerter has been great for me! I started seeing her about a year ago and with her encouragement I have lost over 100 lbs. She is very invested in my success, but needs to see that I'm putting in the effort too. She's definitely not a dr. that will give you a prescription when you don't need it. She is very clinical and by the book, but that style works well for me - I want a doctor not a cheerleader.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

Does not make eye contact and feel she must of got her learning on some online school. She is always typing on the laptop your what you tell her and has it give results. Always seems to advice to go see special doctor and seems to give answers for whats wrong with you on your weight. Also my insurance don't pay for labs and at her office and keeps having me do it there and I always seem to get extra charges. This office does not check with insurance before doing tests and sends a bill later for it.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Great doctor. Appointments lasted roughly 5 minutes and I was able to get what I need in that time.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

She spent exactly three minutes with me after I waited in the exam room for 30 min. I had three concerns I gave the nurse (who is really great) and Dr. Huerter only addressed one of them and brushed off the other two. Also, I had thought she implied this in previous visits but convinced myself that I was being oversensitive, but this visit she actually said that once I lose some more weight my issue will resolve itself. My issue? Chronic sinusitis. Last straw. Not going back.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Very personable and supportive (5 years as my doctor). Always has time to discuss the details and rationale behind treatment. Always willing to make appropriate referrals to specialists when the need arises.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Dr. Huerter felt very inpersonal. When I would speak she rarely looked at me and never made eye contact. She was very consumed with the information on the laptop. I would still need to give a rundown of my medical history with each visit. I also felt that other than the listing of my basic symptoms any other concerns I had were disregarded.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

Dr. Pamela Huerter's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Lawrence, KS