Ratings for Dr. Aoun B. Kara

Relied solely upon stress test to state that my heart was fine. Whenever I played volleyball, (an athletic activity that requires extreme concentration plus jumping and darting movements across the court, in addition to rapid decision-making), my heart would go out of control rapidly and erratically beating for the next 14 hours, causing my mind to have rapid thoughts. Even after falling down after a jump, due to lack of oxygen to my brain from the erratic rapid beats, Dr. Kara thought nothing of it and recommended nothing. When asked for a monitor to wear while playing, his blase response was that no monitor would stay on during exercise. Over time, my heart became worse, and this type of long term out-of-control beating occurred even w/o exercise, and I learned from other drs. that he should have instructed me to go to the emergency room when it happened again, not to mention taking aspirin to reduce clotting from afib leading to stroke.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

very caring doctor. He actually listens to you and I never feel rushed out.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Kara is good, kind, intelligent, and punctual and I would gladly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2006

Dr. Aoun B. Kara's Credentials

• Univ Of Damascus, Fac Of Med, Damascus, Syria (Grad. 1974)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal