Ratings for Dr. Howard L. Feinberg

Dr. Feinburg is a knowledgable doctor...the wait time is terrible. Have never waited any less than 2.5 hours! That is very hard for an 86 year old man to sit!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Feinberg lied with what he wrote in my records, he refused to explore what we asked about my possible diagnosis (a diagnosis that was later definitively confirmed by more than one doctor) because he said my disease didn't exist in Kentucky and said it couldn't be chronic. One IV medication he had me on for "juvenile idiopathic arthritis" opened the flood gates for my real underlying illness to take over and steal my life, my ability to function, and my ability to work and earn a living. I would never recommend Dr Feinberg.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Excellent physician. Takes the time to go over everything in a way I can understand.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Not the best bedside manner, and the wait is long, but it is worth it. He knows what he's doing, and he is willing to keep trying until he finds something that works.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Feinberg seems like a knowledgeable and caring Dr, however...he is absolutely unable to run a good practice. Not only are wait times unbearable (I have never waited less than 2.5 hours to see him), but you do not always get to see him. 50\% of the time I have had to see his PA because he was either too busy or out of the office. The woman who checks patients in is very rude and unprofessional. These doctors are not Gods...and they must stop running their offices in this manner.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

Dr Feinberg has given me back my life! Was able to diagnose my problem and has prescribe the best treatment course for my disease. He is truly the best physician I have ever seen as a patient and his office staff is superb and professional also. The best!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2008

I was treated for 2 diseases I didn't even have and he changed the diagnosis of another doctor he sent me to for another condition, (he called it something else for months even though the doctor that he sent me to discussed it with us exactly what the condition was) the only explanation I can think of for doing this was because it didn't match the the disease he was trying to treat me for, then he put me on a medium dose of chemo drug for 3 months and a high dose for nearly another 3 months then all he did was tell me it doesn't work and sent me somewhere else. I had told him upfront this drug didn't work as they had been tried before and failed, he prescribed them anyway. I had to go to St. Mary's in Huntington WV, in the bad condition he had me in and their doctor referred me to my previous doctor that had moved away from my area that put in her records what my diagnosis was and also was the doctor that knew which medicine really worked and had already confirmed that it had worked.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2007

very knowlegable and caring about you as a person

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007

I have waited as long as 4 hours to see him. I think this is terrible. Is a good doctor but for severe arthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, etc. which can cause a LOT OF PAIN, he refuses to give any pain medication. He always suggests Tylenol Arthritis strength. Phooey! He tells a 350 lb. person to exercise to relieve pain. A person this large CAN NOT EXERCISE--THEY CAN NOT MOVE!! This is my only problem with him. I think he leads a "perfect" life and can not empathize with anyone else's pain and problems. I there were another Rheumatologist within driving range from my home, I would be going to him. There is one other Rheumy in Ashland KY; however, this doctor is better than he is! He is smart and knowledgeable, he just needs to understand his patients' pain better and treat it accordingly.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2006

Dr. Howard L. Feinberg's Credentials

• College Of Osteo Of The Pacific (Grad. 1984)