Ratings for Dr. Brian D. Barash

Dr. Barash is a good man, a very good man. Most people in this world have the tendency to play games. Dr. Barash is not a game player. If your not honest with yourself how can you expect him to help you. Let him in and don't waist time running around in circles. forward motion. Be honest with yourself and if your gut instinct tell you this is not working. "Move On" Stop pointing the finger. own up to your insecurities. It's that easy. It took me a long time to find the right fit. Dr. Barash was that man. When we first met, it clicked. Yes it only natural to have doubt, God knows I had mine, but my intuition said, give it a chance. A year later, after intense letter writing to myself as part of my home work for the next session. and learning to play the Viola to take my mind off of the day to day worries. Dr. Barash shocked me when he told me this will be our last session, Steve he said; there's nothing wrong with you your a truth slayer and if your family can't understand that, to bad, live your life! Dr. Barash I want to thank you for being there:) when I needed you the most, how lucky was I youve helped in so many ways. Your an Incridible human being. From that day forward I changed my ways. I knew it wasnt going to be easy. I had a long road ahead of me. I was well on my way. I believe things happen for a reason. if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. never let them get the better of you. I'm finally standing in my own shoes. I wish you and yours well. Thank you Dr. Brian Barash. Stur.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Rude, arrogant, smug, lazy, uninformed, and seriously dangerous. Just an ugly, ugly human being. We no longer believe in God after all this man put our son and our entire family through (intentionally, too, as I believe he is a full-on racist). He single-handedly changed the course of our lives, forever-- and for the WORSE! It took years to rebuild from the damage he caused our once precious little family that was merely seeking help for our small child. YEARS!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I have seen this provider many times. He is always late. He does not listen to you. He is just ready to write the script and get out to the next person. I had my son see him as well. He treated him like a real jerk. Even calling him a name i cant type. My son has side effects with so many meds. We asked if we could taper them. We would like to get him off of all these meds. He changes all the time. I would like to try to try holistic treatments.. He is having behavioral issues. He said no he would not take him off instead increased his med! Really!! I am currently looking for another provider. I'm hoping this last med since hes been on it for a few weeks it would be able to get off quickly. The meds seem to make him worse not better. I'm tired of the lets try this that didn't work so now lets add this. Im' really at my wits end! I talked to him about my meds. Ya same thing. I am just so tired of us being a number not a person. I honestly would not go here. The therapist are also rude and very unhelpful. Waste of our time and money!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

I have seen this doctor for a couple years now, he is every bit if the negative comments listed here. I hope his staff find new work, they are excellent, he is horrible. I wish I was wrong about him. I have never left negative information about anything before, let's hope it's the last time.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I'm a realist and use logic to make informed decisions. I don't get offended easily and in no way coddle my children but......... Dr. Barash may be a well educated man but he is absolutely the rudest medical professional I have ever dealt with. Parents, don't waste your time with this guy. If you have a sinister side that enjoys being talked to like a child or treated like an idiot then be my guest.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I wish I’d read the comments before going to see Dr. Barash. Every time I go in, he makes me cry. He doesn’t seem to listen or care. I honestly question the intelligence of this man. He made me do a genetic test and a full psych exam (I saw Dr. Hill for years and this seemed a little over the top.) After the testing and $1000 later, I questioned why he had sent me for all of this testing when it seemed so unnecessary and cost me so much money. Said I was a complex case and showed all the signs of being bi-polar. I said I’m not bi-polar. He said I know that now, because of the testing. What the what?

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

This guy is horrendous. A complete Jerk. Compassion and empathy are not in his dictionary. Wouldn’t send my worst enemy to him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

My son has been a patient of Dr. Barash for over 8 years. My son is doing so much better, he lives a pretty normal life now thanks to his help. I would definitely recommend him. The different types of issues that my son has required medication, and it did take some time and trials to make the adjustments that were necessary, but he did make it happen. I don't really know what would have happened if we did not involve him in our lives. Thank You....Br. B ♡

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Excellent staff. Consistently pushed medication on me that he was getting paid to promote---this doctor gets more than 37,000 dollars of drug kickbacks a year (source: https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/doctors/pid/348204). Ended up putting me on a medication for my ADHD that mimics side effects I had previously told him about that were not acceptable to me. Did not inform me about a potentially deadly drug interaction or modify my doses for either medication in any way to avoid this problem. Would absolutely never go to him again---he is unacceptably terse and frankly unethical....so much so that the money he got to promote certain drugs is even mentioned in STL Today (source: http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/health/parents-can-get-refunds-for-some-anti-depressant-drugs-given/article_92ec3823-f58f-5896-b516-8268b9fc7623.html). Of course, he declined to comment.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Rude, condescending, a real discredit to his profession. No time to talk to you just wants to push pills at you and see what sticks. No compassion was taught to this man in medical school. He acts like he doesn't have the time for you and could care less. I wouldn't think of bringing a child here. Unfortunately the "good" doctors are not taking any new patients, now you know why you can get in to see this man.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr. Brian D. Barash's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Pacificare