Ratings for Dr. Robert G. Bass

After being a patient of Dr Bass for 9 years, his choice to use a nurse practitioner rather than attend to patients himself, caused my husband to be treated for allergies rather than identifying his small cell lung cancer. Once diagnosed by another specialist, Dr Bass staff refused to refer him to a oncologist without a 2 wk delay. Their response when we went above them and directly to our insurance company was for them to cancel us as their patient. My husband was told had he not had immediate attention and chemo treatment he would have died within 6 wks. Ultimately the response from Dr Bass, in writing, was "his patients are his first concern". Absolutely do not trust your healthcare to Dr Bass. His motivation is NOT patient care .

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

The whole staff including the Dr. Very rude. Find a friendly office. Will not go back there.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Dr. Bass has been my mothers primary care physician for about 6 years. I've been seeing Dr. Bass for about 2 to 3 years. I've always been accommodated for same day appointments when terribly sick. Dr. Bass also helped me recover from an outrageous illness I initially struggled with. I think every doctor is in it for the money for some of their job. If I worked my ass off in school and had to operate a business to see a high volume of patients, I'd be looking to make some money myself.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Dr. Bass said previous tests from other doctors wrong, his right.Four years later, found out he misdiagnosed me. If I am really sick, you cannot get appt with him. Office staff yelled at me for going to ER instead. Office rules not conducive to patients needs.Who brings their dog to work? Not very sanitary & very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

Today I am changing Doctors. Fist you can't get into see him if your ill you have to see a nurse practioner. The staff is very unproffesional and never friendly. I showed up today for my appt at 8:50, I was told my appt was at 8:40 and was basically called a liar. Even if I did hear the appt time wrong. 10 min. late and they refused to see me. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Usually helpful and expresses a genuine concern for my general well being

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

Office staff is horrible, dr just wants your money. Went there many times finally came to my senses

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

This doctor suggested dangerous home allergy shots and tested me for allergies that my new Allergist says don't even exist (house fly, deerfly, moth). I was also tested for a species of fireant (s. ricktrii) that my Allergist says is not even found in Texas. (only S. invictus). I found a web site www.SAAAIS.com that also says that no Allergist in SATX has recommended "home allergy" shots since 1996 when they were determined to be too dangerous. What's up with this? time to get off the crazy train!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

Staff is very unhappy. The doctor seems to want to get you out of the patient room to get to the next patient. They have a weird computer system as they don't know who you are without it. Had test done and heard nothing on something important.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

Dr. Robert G. Bass's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1993)

Tufts