Ratings for Dr. Fred L. Fishman

AVOID THIS DOCTOR IF YOU ONLY NEED A GENERAL PHYSICAL EXAM OR HAVE A PROBLEM THAT IS NOT RELATED TO HIS GASTROENTEROLOGY SPECIALTY.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

My orthopedic doctor recommended an MRI for my knee. I have been feeling pain and severe discomfort if I walk or stand. But my insurance company decided to send the pre approval review of the MRI to NIA, who sent the review to Fred Fishman ["peer clinical reviewer"]. Mr. Fishman decided to reject my doctors request based on some criteria that has never been disclosed to me or my doctor. This man is an internist who has never examined me and he is overriding my orthopedic doctor. Any doctor who puts insurance companies needs and demands before a patients health should have his license revoked.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

I went to Doctor Fishman with the intent of getting a general physical. He charged me "new patient fees" that were not a part of my co-pay and not medically related, after I specifially asked for a general physical convered under my "once per year". Of course these new patient fees were not disclosed to me until he sent his bill collectors after me. Then they tried to say that it was the insurance company that was not covering the charges. You have been warned!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2006

Dr. Fred L. Fishman's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1966)