Ratings for Dr. Gary M. Ritten

Dr. Ritten delivered my first daughter. Only issue was he asked how long I've been sexually active, umm I was married so I would have to say for a bit. With my 2nd daughter he had me go to his Lapeer office for an ultrasound and stated his machine wasn't very good and to meet him in his Bad Axe office 2 days later. In mean time, do another blood test and he'd see me on Thursday. Thursday came, he walked in the room and told me that my pregnancy had ended and I needed a DNC and his nurse had scheduled it across the street at the hospital. I told him NO WAY and walked out! I went to another OBGYN and he checked me and said I was most definitely pregnant and not to worry. I seen Dr. Ritten November 4th and had my daughter July 8th. You do the math!!! If I had listened to this SOB I would not have my daughter today. Oh by the way... he was kicked out of 2 hospitals for performing DNC's (aka abortions) on live fetus'. Do NOT see this doctor, he is a quack!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Ritten delivered my 2nd baby and it was the worst experience of my life. Dr. Ritten waited until i was in my 38th week of pregnancy before telling me he could NOT deliver my baby because he has NO PRIVILEGES at the local hospital. He has done this to countless other women in Lapeer County and it has to stop. He had the worst bedside manner. I would NEVER recommend anyone to see him. I think he needs to switch professions because he is an incompetent and careless practitioner.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Where is Dr. Ritten??? anyone know?? He delivered my Daughter in 09 and I can not find him anywhere his office is closed? I had a good over all experience. Really loved the in house testing and ultrasounds. Low wait times and the staff was great!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2010

Dr. Ritten delivered my 3rd child. I didn't really like him a whole lot. He's not the greatest doctor, but he's not the worst doctor either.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

he is the most wonderful ob there could possibly be!He delivered my first son,emergancy c-section and let me stay awake to see my baby be born.he visited my room several times to answer questions I may have had after my son was born and his bedside manners were great!I was scared being a first time mom and all,but i trusted him and i sure am glad I did.he helped being a first time mom a great experience :)

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Honestly, I was scared going to him at first. This was because it was y first pregnancy. He was very informative. He delivered my daughter greatly. I had a complication and let me tell you I refused to push I didn't want to go through the labor. He got right by my face and told me it was ok and that I could do it. And I did. For my second and third pregnancy I had a different Doc well both of them had bailed on me moving to different hospital. He took over he saved my second daughter's life she was not breathing. with my third daughter he could not deliver the doc on call told me when i was at 9.5 cm that he was going to take a nap and he would be back. Ritten would have never done that. with my fourth child he was very great I went into hospital the nurses told him i was dilated to a 2 he came in few minutes later and he got a 3-4. I got to stay and have my baby. He was in the room not every hr but rather 20 min to check on me. Just make sure you look at all doctors out there.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Not only is Dr. Ritten Board Certified, he is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He also has been selected as one of America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, which you can see if you visit his office. If you want to see a qualified physician you should do your research yourself instead of taking someone else's word for it. I think if Dr. Ritten wasn't an excellent physician then he wouldn't be recognized nationally as one of the best.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

I just want to let all the people that have negative thing's to say about this doctor know that you need to get your facts straight.This doctor has been my doctor for several years and not only my doctor but also at one time I worked for him. He is a great doctor.. That cares so very much about his patients and the babies he delivers,He takes pride in caring for all of his patients. He is easy to talk to and very knowledgable.And easy to understand. How many doctors do all you negative people know that gives you their cell phone or home numbers to call anytime you need them? Not many .. I know this because, I work in the Medical field as a Medical assistant. I have dealt with alot of doctors and most of them are not available 24/7 like Dr Ritten is... So I suggest that you do your homework and find out all the facts. And remember there is two sides to every story.. In which most of the negative comments are based rumors and not the facts.If you really want the truth just ask him

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

In November of 08 I got laid off which meant I lost my health insurance. At that time I was 20 weeks pregnancy and not a lot of physicians would take me without being on a waiting list or told me I was over 20 weeks so they wouldn’t. I gave his office a call and they got me right in. Dr. Ritten didn’t care how I was going to pay for my appointments at the time. He was more concerned about me and the baby. I have called him on his cell phone and he always answers and gives me helpful information. I am very happy with him and his staff and have told several other females about him. I would recommend him. He’s great and cares about your well being. I had to go to the ER in New York and needed some information faxed from his office to the hospital in NY. The hospital was impressed by how fast he faxed over the information and Dr. Ritten wanted to be updated on my progress.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

Dr. Gary M. Ritten's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Oxford