You may also like

Rate Dr. Toni M. MURPHY

Dr. Toni M. MURPHY's Ratings

Her NP, Anne, is without a doubt the worse practitioner I've seen. She doesn't know anything about thryoid issues. She tells you symptoms are not related to thyroid issues. She bs's her way through and tries to make herself sound intelligent.
When you're finished with the NP genius....then you get to see Murphy. Frankly, she's not worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2898113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2015

Terrible!
You wait and wait to be called. Then you wait and wait in exam room. Finally an NP strolls in and asks a million redundant questions! Trying to answer is nearly impossible becsuse she tslks over you. I know that I have a thyroid issue. When I tried to describe how I was feeling, this Anne told me my symptoms were not related to my thyroid! Ive had this issue for years! I'm afraid she really doesn't know about thyroid issues and was bluffing her way through.
Finally saw doctor. Not a good experience. I mentioned that I thought the NP was off base with what she told me about my symptoms, and it went downhill from there.
I am going to have to find a new doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2884666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

Dr Toni Murphy is a excellent doctor. Our son has a very rare endocrine disorder that she diagnosed immediately after taking his patient history. When contacting the office late on a Friday afternoon, SHE answered the phone. Dr. Murphy is a an excellent endocrinologist. She is beyond knowledgeable in her field. She is a no nonsense doctor. If a patient is compliant and does as directed, you will have amazing results. She is direct, kind and defines excellence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

My experience as a new PT has been horrible. I understand that this Dr is a specialist and it can take a while to get in for an appointment in which I waited for over four months, which is fine. My wait time was fifteen minutes. The staff were friendly to me. The only real issue is hearing back from anybody. I was told I would receive a call and have heard nothing. I have contacted the office more than enough times to receive a response back regarding my lab work. I had my bloodwork done in the beginning of April it is now nearing the end of May and.. nothing. The point of me going to the Dr was to get some answers not to get bloodwork done and wait for an appointment for four months and never hear from anybody again. All in all I would never recommend this office to anybody and will not be wasting my time any longer. Two thumbs down!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2811161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I have been a pt. of Dr.Murphy for about 3 years, I apparently scheduled an appt. for a recheck last June 2013 for this June 2014, and did not receive a courtesy phone call to notify me of my appt. I have NEVER miss a Dr. appt ever and now I am being charged 25 dollars. I am furious, I called billing to see if they could wave it after not receiving courtesy call and was told the calls are ONLY COURTESY, THEY DONT HAVE TO DO THEM...hahah well apparently they are selective, I never received one. Also, for my June 2013 appt. I DID NOT SEE DR. MURPHY, I was seen by someone else who does not know her thyroid research, she informed me that memory and brain fog have NOTHING TO DO WITH THYROID....Thank you I will be taking my business elsewhere and I recommend you do the same

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2462288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr. Spinaris. This was my first visit with her after trying a different Endocrinologist I wasn't happy with. I waited only 5 min., and both the NP and Dr. Spinaris took their time getting my history and complaints. They went over previous blood work and test results with me, and started me on the medication I needed. I feel very confident with my new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2037029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Told me I had a 'clotting disorder' that could have killed me after my last baby. When I brought this up to my primary he didn't know what I was talking about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2037031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

I HAD DR SPINARIS AS MY ENDROCRINOLOGIST WHILE I WAS ILL. SHE WAS TREATING ME FOR HIGH BLOOD SUGAR IN THE 200 TO 400 RANGE,SHE PUT ME ON INSULIN WHICH WAS NOT WORKING, SHE KEPT INCREASEING THE AMOUNT OF INSULIN I WAS TAKING, I WAS UP TO 250 UNITS A DAY MY SUGAR WAS STILL IN THE HIGH 300 RANGE AND I WOKE UP EVERY MORNING WITH AN INSULIN HANGOVER, SHE KEPT INSISTING I NEEDED MORE INSULIN. BUT I FELT SO CRSAPPY I REFUSED TO TAKE ANYMORE I DID RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET AND THOUGHT I MAY HAVE AN ADRENAL TUMOR I TOLD HER I WANTED TO BE TESTED FOR THAT,SHE SAID I DIDNT BUT AFTER I INSISTED AGAIN AND AGAIN I FINALLY GOT THE TEST. GUESS WHAT I HAD AN ADRENAL TUMOR,SHE PUT ME ON SPIROLACTONE I GREW BREASTS LIKE A WOMAN AND MY BLOOD PRESSURE WENT TO OVER 240/170, I FINALLY FOUND A REAL DOCTOR DR STEVEN GOODENOUGH WHO TOLD ME I NEEDED MY ADRENAL GLAND REMOVED, DR SPINARIS NEVER EVEN GAVE ME TEST RESULTS HAD TO PRY IT FROM HER. SURGEONS AT BUFFALO GENERAL SAID IT WAS A MIRACLE SHE DIDNT KILL ME.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2037028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2011

I know that Dr. Spinaris is a specialist and probably see's a lot of people and is busy. She really needs then to get a more professional staff that actually returns your calls and have a office that is more organized.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2037008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2010

Waited 1 hr. 45 min! Once in office I was there 6 min. Beleive me...she isn't worth the wait!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2037027].votes_count ]]