Ratings for Dr. Toni M. MURPHY

I went there for many of years- always seen a PA and was told that the insulin pump was not a good fit for me.Well I now see a different Dr. and am on the pump- with an A1C that I never had seen while being treated there!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Murphy for over 10 years and am surprised with the negative comments. I'm on the insulin pump and know how to handle my diabetes. She has always answered my questions and prescribes my medications without a problem. I don't have a concern with her office staff either.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I love Dr. Toni Murphy herself. I do not love her staff. I have been supposed to be scheduled with the Doc not the PA's Ann or Pat. Ann is now gone, and Pat arrogantly specified with a horrid attitude how she could not swing it. ( come on Ann worked in the Cardiac dept at a hospital that is ridiculous. I did not like Ann, she was not informed and really did not wish to ask and find out. Pat though helps nothing. NOTHING. she is backward thinking. She did nothing to up the beginning dose of meds IF i stayed on that dose 3 years I would be dead. Thank God I have other ways. I go to make sure my thyroid cancer has not returned. She is ( Ann) is very dismissive and ignores anything you said. I only go cause I need a running script for some meds. I get the rest privately . If the staff would do as I ask and put me with Murphy.I would be so happy. So very happy. Toni is superb as a doctor. Her staff , must be hard to find progressive folks who don't admire their nails more than a patients well being. UGH. it is rediculous.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Unethical, Inadequate, Unprofessional & rude. Office staff is sub par too.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

She is awesome, staff is helpful and nutrionist is the best I have been to. Worth the wait! You get what you yourself put into it.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr spinaris/Murphy knows how to speak thyroid. As for her as a doctor,I watched her really try to convince a patient repeatedly to follow their diabetes diet only to listen to the patient say at the desk they don't need a blood test , turn around& watch them sneak a Hershey's from their pocket . As heart breaking as that was, I think she knew this patient was not following basic rules . Due to our wonderful Obama care, limited funds being paid into the office for a visit is a crime when they are forced to accept $53 insurance write off for a visit . I went to three endocrinologists . 1 (A.W tried telling me I'll see you in 6 months after a 49lb weight gain in 6 weeks-oh eat more salad)(primary dr said drink 2 x8oz glasses of water 5 times a day)(foreign endo- depression is weak- happiness is a choice) I ended up finding out I was iodine deficient and my meds needs buffering with liothyroxine. The weight left, the happiness returned I am me again. Dr Murphy is great! Too bad there are not more of her.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Murphy herself isn't all that bad. She does seem rushed. She answered most of my questions adequately. Appointment times are meaningless to these people! I came in early for the appointment, knowing that I've have to fill out papers. The clerk wouldn't give them to me until the stated time of my appointment! Then you wait!!!! You wait in reception and again in the exam room! I was there for over an hour before I saw a person!!! There's an NP, Anne, who in my opinion, is a total waste! She knows absolutely nothing about endocrinology. She asks redundant questions and talks over you. She is clearly way over her head!!! I asked her a specific question that I knew the proper response and she BS'd her way through! She didn't know what she was talking about! After the long wait and the dumb as a stump NP, I'm looking elsewhere!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Worse endo practice in the area! Rude clerical staff. Overbooked and not at all punctual with regard to appointments. NP, Anne is horrible! She doesn't know the first thing about thyroid conditions. She's dangerous!!! Murphy isn't bad, but her staff has caused me to look elsewhere for a new practice.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Her NP, Anne, is without a doubt the worse practitioner I've seen. She doesn't know anything about thryoid issues. She tells you symptoms are not related to thyroid issues. She bs's her way through and tries to make herself sound intelligent. When you're finished with the NP genius....then you get to see Murphy. Frankly, she's not worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Terrible! You wait and wait to be called. Then you wait and wait in exam room. Finally an NP strolls in and asks a million redundant questions! Trying to answer is nearly impossible becsuse she tslks over you. I know that I have a thyroid issue. When I tried to describe how I was feeling, this Anne told me my symptoms were not related to my thyroid! Ive had this issue for years! I'm afraid she really doesn't know about thyroid issues and was bluffing her way through. Finally saw doctor. Not a good experience. I mentioned that I thought the NP was off base with what she told me about my symptoms, and it went downhill from there. I am going to have to find a new doctor!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Dr. Toni M. MURPHY's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1989)

Delta Dental