Ratings for Dr. Toni M. MURPHY

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr spinaris/Murphy knows how to speak thyroid. As for her as a doctor,I watched her really try to convince a patient repeatedly to follow their diabetes diet only to listen to the patient say at the desk they don't need a blood test , turn around& watch them sneak a Hershey's from their pocket . As heart breaking as that was, I think she knew this patient was not following basic rules . Due to our wonderful Obama care, limited funds being paid into the office for a visit is a crime when they are forced to accept $53 insurance write off for a visit . I went to three endocrinologists . 1 (A.W tried telling me I'll see you in 6 months after a 49lb weight gain in 6 weeks-oh eat more salad)(primary dr said drink 2 x8oz glasses of water 5 times a day)(foreign endo- depression is weak- happiness is a choice) I ended up finding out I was iodine deficient and my meds needs buffering with liothyroxine. The weight left, the happiness returned I am me again. Dr Murphy is great! Too bad there are not more of her.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Murphy herself isn't all that bad. She does seem rushed. She answered most of my questions adequately. Appointment times are meaningless to these people! I came in early for the appointment, knowing that I've have to fill out papers. The clerk wouldn't give them to me until the stated time of my appointment! Then you wait!!!! You wait in reception and again in the exam room! I was there for over an hour before I saw a person!!! There's an NP, Anne, who in my opinion, is a total waste! She knows absolutely nothing about endocrinology. She asks redundant questions and talks over you. She is clearly way over her head!!! I asked her a specific question that I knew the proper response and she BS'd her way through! She didn't know what she was talking about! After the long wait and the dumb as a stump NP, I'm looking elsewhere!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Worse endo practice in the area! Rude clerical staff. Overbooked and not at all punctual with regard to appointments. NP, Anne is horrible! She doesn't know the first thing about thyroid conditions. She's dangerous!!! Murphy isn't bad, but her staff has caused me to look elsewhere for a new practice.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Her NP, Anne, is without a doubt the worse practitioner I've seen. She doesn't know anything about thryoid issues. She tells you symptoms are not related to thyroid issues. She bs's her way through and tries to make herself sound intelligent. When you're finished with the NP genius....then you get to see Murphy. Frankly, she's not worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Terrible! You wait and wait to be called. Then you wait and wait in exam room. Finally an NP strolls in and asks a million redundant questions! Trying to answer is nearly impossible becsuse she tslks over you. I know that I have a thyroid issue. When I tried to describe how I was feeling, this Anne told me my symptoms were not related to my thyroid! Ive had this issue for years! I'm afraid she really doesn't know about thyroid issues and was bluffing her way through. Finally saw doctor. Not a good experience. I mentioned that I thought the NP was off base with what she told me about my symptoms, and it went downhill from there. I am going to have to find a new doctor!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Dr Toni Murphy is a excellent doctor. Our son has a very rare endocrine disorder that she diagnosed immediately after taking his patient history. When contacting the office late on a Friday afternoon, SHE answered the phone. Dr. Murphy is a an excellent endocrinologist. She is beyond knowledgeable in her field. She is a no nonsense doctor. If a patient is compliant and does as directed, you will have amazing results. She is direct, kind and defines excellence.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

My experience as a new PT has been horrible. I understand that this Dr is a specialist and it can take a while to get in for an appointment in which I waited for over four months, which is fine. My wait time was fifteen minutes. The staff were friendly to me. The only real issue is hearing back from anybody. I was told I would receive a call and have heard nothing. I have contacted the office more than enough times to receive a response back regarding my lab work. I had my bloodwork done in the beginning of April it is now nearing the end of May and.. nothing. The point of me going to the Dr was to get some answers not to get bloodwork done and wait for an appointment for four months and never hear from anybody again. All in all I would never recommend this office to anybody and will not be wasting my time any longer. Two thumbs down!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I have been a pt. of Dr.Murphy for about 3 years, I apparently scheduled an appt. for a recheck last June 2013 for this June 2014, and did not receive a courtesy phone call to notify me of my appt. I have NEVER miss a Dr. appt ever and now I am being charged 25 dollars. I am furious, I called billing to see if they could wave it after not receiving courtesy call and was told the calls are ONLY COURTESY, THEY DONT HAVE TO DO THEM...hahah well apparently they are selective, I never received one. Also, for my June 2013 appt. I DID NOT SEE DR. MURPHY, I was seen by someone else who does not know her thyroid research, she informed me that memory and brain fog have NOTHING TO DO WITH THYROID....Thank you I will be taking my business elsewhere and I recommend you do the same

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr. Spinaris. This was my first visit with her after trying a different Endocrinologist I wasn't happy with. I waited only 5 min., and both the NP and Dr. Spinaris took their time getting my history and complaints. They went over previous blood work and test results with me, and started me on the medication I needed. I feel very confident with my new doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Toni M. MURPHY's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1989)

GHI

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "She is awesome, staff is helpful and nutrionist is the best I have been to. Worth the wait! You get what you yourself put into it. "

April 7, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr spinaris/Murphy knows how to speak thyroid. As for her as a doctor,I watched her really try to convince a patient repeatedly to follow their diabetes diet ..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Murphy herself isn't all that bad. She does seem rushed. She answered most of my questions adequately. Appointment times are meaningless to these people! ..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worse endo practice in the area! Rude clerical staff. Overbooked and not at all punctual with regard to appointments. NP, Anne is horrible! She doesn't know..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Her NP, Anne, is without a doubt the worse practitioner I've seen. She doesn't know anything about thryoid issues. She tells you symptoms are not related to t..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible! You wait and wait to be called. Then you wait and wait in exam room. Finally an NP strolls in and asks a million redundant questions! Trying to ans..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Toni Murphy is a excellent doctor. Our son has a very rare endocrine disorder that she diagnosed immediately after taking his patient history. When contact..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My experience as a new PT has been horrible. I understand that this Dr is a specialist and it can take a while to get in for an appointment in which I waited f..."

May 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "at her Dr office being seen my husband was with me apparently her daughter was there dropping something off I later found out that they were sleeping together h..."

October 7, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=21708'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.8

February 5, 2014