Ratings for Dr. John E. Uckele

Great doctor, very helpful, very calm, makes you feel comfortable. He is also a great surgeon. I delivered my son through C section and I did not experience any problems afterwards. I will recommend Dr. Uckele to all women's that are looking for a good caring OBG.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Excellent staff, excellent doctor, excellent experience every time. I have nothing bad to say about this place and the qualify of treatment I receive each and every appointment. I wish Dr. Uckele could be my primary care doctor too!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Probably the nicest doctor ever. He's very comforting and knowledgable. No on call group for deliveries! I'd highly recommend dr. Ukele

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

the first time I saw him he was like a dream come true doctor..understanding , nice, and smart.Then when I was expecting and so worried about my baby, he talk to me as if I was a child. I didnt like that he thought my issues were not serious. I think he could of done a better job of calming me down and making me feel better...considering I was having issues...and we were at a wait and see approach since I was so early in my pregnancy. Just wish he would of been more compassionate towards my feelings. Since then I will never go to him again.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

He is amazing at what he does. I'm 18 years old and my mom had told me to go to him. My first time going was nerve racking because I had always thought you shared these things with a woman but when I got there he was so kind, reassuring, and there is no one else I would rather go to. With my long family history of ovarian cancer and breast cancer I'm constantly on edge and he puts all my worries aside. He is an amazing doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Amazing man! He made my pregnancy and delivery as amazing as they could have been!! So sweet and caring. Will be delivering all my children!!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Best OB/GYN ever. Been seeing Dr. Uckele since 1998. He helped me through 2 miscarriages, fratility counciling and recommended fratility dr., 2 live births and pre-cancerous cells. i drove 75 miles round trip to see him with my last pregnancy (I was high risk and had a lot of visits)that's how good he is!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Uckele is amazing. He not only delivered my twins with skill and grace, but he has always been such a wonderful, compassionate physician and has helped me in countless ways. He is always reassuring, patient, kind, and gives real, pragmatic advice. He also always takes a ton of time with me - never rushes me out; answers all my questions carefully and thoughtfully, and has mastered the art of patient distraction to help ease nerves (he's superb with the small talk). Also, he has an amazing tissue box reflex where he never takes his eyes off you but offers you a tissue if you are tearing up or crying at all. What a great guy!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

Dr. Uckele is very nice. Unfortunately I was looking to have a vaginal birth after cesarean, and their office was not accommodating to that need. He is a very compassionate man though, and would recommended him to anyone needing a surgeon to give birth.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

Missed a large ovarian mass on physical exam. Ordered a pelvic ultrasound prior to doing a uterine ablation for abnormal bleeding but told the patient it was not needed because the surgery needed to be done quickly due to severe anemia. Should have at least ordered a CA125 and could have had a quick scan done of the ovaries even if it was done on the day of the ablation. Patient ended up 3months post-op with severe abdominal pain and was found to have a huge ovarian mass and abnormally large uterus. Patient ultimately required complicated hysterectomy and oophrectomy with removal of part to the fatty bowel.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

Dr. John E. Uckele's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company