Ratings for Dr. Timothy A. Damron

After several weeks of not knowing if my 3 year old had a malignant tumor, we went to see Dr. Damron. He gave us a thorough explanation of the condition my son had which was not malignant and answered all of our questions. Even though the wait time was long, he spent a considerable amount of time with us. I would recommend him to others that have any orthopedic issues.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Provided no new thoughts to improve my quality of life. When he learned I wanted a 2nd opinion, eye contact ended from him, his poor attitude worsened, and he ended our meeting exiting quickly. Absolute waste of my time and gas meeting this smug, arrogant, pompous a$$.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Vary hard to see takes over 6 weeks to see Him. His staff don't call you back vary poor office

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

My appointment was at 9:30 Dr. Damron saw me at 10:55. I called the office after hours to speak with the doctor on call, 3 days after being discharged from the hospital with a conern. His partner returned my call 9 1/2 hours later and was not knowledgeable or helpful.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I had a rare tumor at the age of 18 Called a Giant Cell tumor on my wrist bone. I found it unexpectedly and was referred to Dr. Damron he instantly confirmed the tumor and gave me 3 options and spent 45 minutes discussing my options. He suggested the last option, to remove the tumor and my bone and replace my wrist bone with a cadaver. He fit me in within a months time. His team was very helpful, and he was very very knowledgable and checked in on me post surgery everyday. He told me not to expect to have full range of motion maybe 50% back, and post surgery a few months later her i am with no damage and FULL range of motion. This man saved me from loosing my arm, and my range of motion. I see him every 3 months and he orders a scan and x-ray everytime to see if everything is healing properly and sits down and discusses what he sees in the x-rays and if i am having any other issues. I would recommend this man to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

ARROGANT. I have difficulty hearing and have asked him to repeat things, but he always looks away when he speaks. DO NOT GO TO HIM IF YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

The doctor had no patience/time to explain his thoughts or engage me in reasonable discussion. I had full Xrays and an MRI, but the nurse or staff person insisted that I have more Xrays. I'm not sure the doctor even looked at them. It did not appear he needed them, so it seems like a waste. I ended up agreeing to some form of surgery, but the doctor wasn't sure which kind yet. When I went for the surgery and I asked him which one he was doing, and to explain, he explained partially, but got really angry when I asked further about something the referring doctor had wanted to do. There was absolutely nothing to take offense to in my question/concern, but Damron angrily told me he was really busy and didn't need my business, so I should just leave or give him my consent to do the surgery, but apparently not my INFORMED consent. Damron did not respect me or my authority over my body. If you go to this doctor, be prepared for him to bully you.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

After hip surgery in 2006 my mom died --I don't believe he told her the full ramifications of the surgery or studied her case. I am sad

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

Dr Damron at first is very arrogant, but what GOOD surgeon isn't? I am 24, have Multiple Myeloma, and had fallen pushing my femur into my pelvis. He was very helpful all before the surgery as well as afterwords. He is a great guy and helped us throughout my stay in the hospital. His intern, Dr Kisler, was great too. He came in every morning to make sure I was doing all right. The post-op appointment was quick and easy as well. He is a caring doctor and takes great notes. He asked how things were that an average doctor wouldn't, such as wedding plans, etc. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needed an ortho doctor. Though his wait times are very long, typically an hour to 2 hours, he takes his time with patients and answers any questions one might have. He knows a lot about his practice and he is good at his work.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Dr. Timothy A. Damron's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1988)