Ratings for Dr. Harold J. German

Yes, the reviews are right on ---Dr. German is amazing - he can diagnose brilliantly - he's smart --kind and caring. I know I am in good hands -- I am so lucky. Plus, for me, I was relieved his office didn't look like a 5 star hotel lobby -- I hate to see my money in the furniture. Also, I think Dr. German is cute, great looking. great sense of humor - comforting ---I love his style - very cool - he has nothing to prove. He went to Princeton, phi beta kappa -- dresses very hip ivy league. Bored with the not smart mds in the $2000 suits. I bring a book to read cuz I realize there's a wait everywhere - so what -- I waited in my previous md and he couldn't touch Dr. G's brilliance. If you're lucky enough to see Dr. G -- don't look back -- it will be the best decision you've made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Princeton phi beta kappa, Columbia medical school, gold standard is right!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Harold German is a great doctor. Beside from the pleasure and comfort he provided me in my visit I had a great experience. His clothing and dressing should change and his office has, Files everywhere. Mans got superior knowledge. He made me feel pleasured and I had no problem in his office.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

I finally went to see Dr. German with a long standing problem. He diagnosed it and sent me to a specialist that same day after personally calling and setting up the appointment. I feel better than I have in six years. While he will never be on the cover of GQ and his office harkens back to the 1950's, he is the absolute best! He is known for being brilliant but his "bedside" manners is many times just what the doctor ordered and dispensed. They should do a reality show on this talented and caring man.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

A very caring man. Heard over the years that he is the doctors doctor. I have a friend that works at huntington hospital and she claims that someone she worked with said her mother was seriously ill and went to all kinds of doctors and no one could find the problem but Dr. German did. This women claims that Dr. German saved her mother's life. HE is a character and the office is shabby but trust me get over his appearance and he is a caring and loving man besides being brilliant. If you ever saw the movie Patch Adams- THis would be Dr. German.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Dr. German is a bit off kilter as far as dress habits and office neatness. But if yuor looking for a doctor that cares and can help you he's yur guy.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

Dr. German is like Cosmo Kramer with a few extra pounds. He can be very, very, funny, but very much all over the place at the same time. You have to know what questions you want to ask, and you have to make him stop and pay attention and answer them. If you let him know you have questions, and that you're serious, you will have communication that is more focused. He can also be pretty blunt at times. He is, however, very diligent in treatment and has excellent educational and professional credentials. Yeah, we all wait all day to see him, but it's worth it for a doctor who's been known to show up at night in hospitals, having not been called mind you, just to check in on patients of his.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

I went to Dr. German's office, just for a physical and to establish a new GP relationship, solely based on the reviews on this board. I can only react to a few things, since I never got to see Dr. German. First, his staff was pleasant and efficient, his office is fine. Second, his office was full of patients and pharmaceutical sales people when I got there at 3.00 PM for a 3.00 PM. Dr. German was "delayed". At 3.30 I gave up because there were numerous people ahead of me, and the Doctor was still not back; so, this looked like a multi-hour proposition. Earlier comments indicated you might have a long wait here, and I guess, as new Chief of Medicine at the hospital, Dr. German may now be prone to even more delays. Anyhow, he might be the medical gold standard -- don't know -- but he may have reached the point where accepting new patients is problematic. I am not certain that I am going back, and will only consider it because this board has directed me to good specialists in the past.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

As others have stated, if you want pretty or fancy, go elsewhere. If you want quality care by an excellent diagnostician this doc's for you! Super staff too! By the way, do you know any other doctor who sometimes answers his own phone? I sure do!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

This is the gold standard. No fancy office to waste your money - you get the best doctor in the world! They don't come smarter - genius, brilliant, caring, skilled, he cares about you --he'll stay late - come in for an emergency. go the extra many miles to help you. Kind. Heart of gold. Chief of Medicine at Huntington Hospital, graduated Columbia Medical School, NYC-,undergrad - Princeton Phi Beta Kappa.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

You've gotta wait a while in his "not too pretty" office. And while he seems a bit rumpled & distracted, once you're with him his focus is entirely on you. I've been with him for 6+ years and wouldn't want anyone else on my side. Oh ... yeah ... he recently became the Chief of Medicine at Huntington Hospital (located in Huntington, Long Island, NY). He's aces in my book!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Harold J. German's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1967)