Ratings for Dr. Rebecca U. Perret

I saw Dr. Perret for my annual exam a couple of years before I had my first baby. I do not have any major health concerns. So, time spent with her was very quick. I would say 5 minutes or less. However, I would have to wait at least 2 hours and there was never an announcement that she was in a delivery, etc. When I became pregnant with my first child I was very happy to have her as my OB. Yet again, I always dredded my OB visits because the office staff was never friendly! I again would wait almost 2 hours for at 5 maximum a 5 minute doctor visit. I was ok with this because I felt like I won’t always be pregnant and I would not always have to see her that frequently. Well, my baby was diagnosed with a condition in utero that really threw her a curve ball that she really did not know what to do with the situation. She looked for advice from the MFM specialist and they were just as clueless and provided no help or direction with my pregnancy at all! I also felt like when they recognized a problem with the baby, my mental health as a mother was completely ignored. Additionally, the test that picked up my baby’s condition, no one in her office had ever told me about. So, I was shocked when I received the reminder call. When I called her office and asked her MA if I could reschedule because I did not know about it, I was rudely told “well you will just have to wait another month for the test.” This would have delayed my baby’s diagnosis. I was also not happy about my labor and delivery. The nurses were very rude and I felt like the staff was not prepared at all to handle the condition my has. If you have a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy, I am sure she is great! However, if I do decide to have another baby, I will consider looking for another OB.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I chose Dr. Perret because I wanted a natural delivery with an accomplished physician just in case anything went wrong. My experience during prenatal care was okay. Dr. Perret herself was always very warm and engaged. She was very thorough in her explanations, shared a lot of information and asked if I had questions. The downside was that she always ran very late. I typically waited 90 minutes to see her. Her nurse is not detail-oriented and frequently got information wrong or it was incomplete. Dr. Perret was on-call the night I delivered but didn't answer her phone when the hospital called her. I waited for over an hour fully dilated for the nurses to track down another doctor to deliver my baby. Finally another doctor from her practice arrived and delivered my baby. When that doctor arrived, she made a point of saying that she didn't understand why any woman would deliver without drugs. She said that she had two boys and she got an epidural ASAP. I have no idea why she felt that was useful information to share with a woman laboring without drugs (and who was handling it without too much trouble). I never heard from Dr. Perret while I was in the hospital after delivery, and never received a follow-up call to see how the delivery went, or anything. I was pretty shocked at how extremely uncommunicative she was around the delivery. The labor & delivery nurses were as well and commented that this was not typical for her. I didn't see/hear from her until a follow-up appointment after delivery. She never referenced where she was the night I delivered, why she didn’t answer her phone or why she didn’t call to follow up.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I love my doctor, but her staff is very frustrating and difficult. It seems they have made it their jobs to keep you from seeing or speaking with the doctor for as long as possible.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

love love love this doctor! she is so sweet and amazing!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I LOVE Dr. Perret! She was very supportive of my decision to have a natural birth. She was not on call when I went into labor, but came to the hospital anyway and was very present during my labor. She helped me work through contractions and made the whole experience much more than I could have imagined. The one negative to her would be the wait time at her office. There were several times during my pregnancy when I waited well over an hour to even go back into the exam room, where I would usually wait another 30-45 minutes to see the doctor. Her nurse at the time was very short with patients and never showed much compassion. Dr. Perret, is wonderful, her office...not so much.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Perret is the best doctor. When she walked into the delivery room, I was so relieved, because I trust her with my life. She is absolutely the best OBGYN. I recently moved, and I know it will be a challenge to find a doctor as great as her. I am not sure if someone can be so luckly to find a second amazing doctor. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

I love Dr. Perret. She's down to earth, very helpful, and very easy to understand. Her staff is another issue. I'm lucky if I wait less than an hour and a half before seeing her and when I've brought it up with her staff they've simply said, "You're not the only patient we have" very rudely and matter-of-factly. I'm honestly considering switching simply because of this. No pregnant woman should have to wait that long at EVERY VISIT (and I'm 20 weeks so it's happened more than once). I'm only conflicted because I've had bad luck with other OBs before.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

She is absolutely wonderful; she takes your concerns seriously and would never discount any of your concerns, problems, fears etc. At the same time, she tells you things as they are and will tell you if your concerns etc. are well-founded or not. She has a wonderful mixture of empathy, warmth, humor and, for lack of a better word, "down-to-earth-ness". My first pregnancy and delivery were child's play with her at my and my husband's side. I send all my friends to her.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

I feel so lucky to find Dr. Perret as my OB. She is enthusiast, well-mannered, and can always make me feel comfortable. I would recommend her to my friends.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

I love Dr. Perret, she has been my doctor for several years now. She is very caring and takes a personal interest in her patients. She has been with me through a miscarriage and the delivery of my twins.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

Dr. Rebecca U. Perret's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1998)